• Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
Re: 2006 model 2350 Restoration and Modification
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2019, 11:07:05 am »
WOW!   NICE, Randy!

Mike

THANKS! 
It was definitely a great find. Not only fits through the hauler door (measured...will find out for real when I pick it up today!) But when Mrs V saw the color, we looked at each other and said 'THAT is the perfect color for the camper! '  (cheer)

Looked up the seats, someone spent $1K on that setup. Thicker padding, armrests, etc. We are fortunate for that.

Will look really classy. Black windows, not sure about any accents. I do like the looks of the early PC's that have the horizontal stripe I have seen here. The 'whoops and swoops' never attracted me. I know they hide the lumps and bumps of the delaminating and bumpy sides of other makers, but with the fine job PC does I feel a large flat surface will look good.

We used to haul a golf cart, but this will allow us the benefit of a street legal tow'd, AND keep the trailer along as guest bedroom/watertight storage. We were looking at a manual Kia Soul (read about it here...THANKS to whoever that was....) but this is a much more versatile setup for our wants.  Bike registration and insurance is a fraction of what the Soul's would have been. And no garage space needed for the trike when home, it will live in insulated, weatherproof comfort inside the trailer. 

2 hrs to go before pickup... on pins and needles. CANT WAIT.  (exactly) 

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • IntColor: Cherry / Beige
  • ExtColor: custom dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic stripes
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2019, 09:52:31 pm »
Keep all that chrome looking pretty and a lock on the hitch coupler !!

Ford had a really nice color  called Dark Shadow Gray Metallic that I used for my lower stripe. I looked at all  the Audi grays but they were either too dark or too silver.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 10:02:46 pm by CalCruiser »
Goin' where the wind goes...

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • ModelYear: 2006
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2019, 09:14:23 am »

In the green grass, the color looks like a metallic gray. It is called 'Challenger Brown Metallic'.

To the right - 2350 and the Carrier. Just rolled the trike out to take pics and polish chrome.
A bit of history on the left - you can see 'version one' of camping setup. The yellow 1971 VW bus (waiting for love...) and the flat trailer (sides currently on for mulch hauling) that followed it is partly visible in the foreground. Getting bigger and better!   :)(:

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • ModelYear: 2006
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2020, 06:27:03 am »
Happy New Year to all!

A while back, I found the shower skylight cracked and leaking. So... put some mastic tape on it and waited for dry season.

We got 7+ inches in December. WOW. I did not use the camper all month.

Went into the bath for something, and found a suspicious puddle on the floor of the shower. It looks like it came from UNDER the trim..  :-[

Looked up, and figured it out..  :'(  Evidently the mastic didnt seal?!? Been a 'bulletproof' fix until now. Good for YEARS (6 tested) outside to seal.

Water stains all the way over the sink, proving how tricky water leaks can travel.

Looked good, but evidently the mastic does not seal to the old self leveling sealant. Looked good, but peels right off. Sugar Honey Iced Tea.

And yes, pollen has been HORRIBLE. Almost yellow up top!

Opened up screw heads to remove, and found several rusted badly. Not sure how at this point, maybe they forgot butyl tape on the underside? The tops of the screw heads were sealed well.

Nope!  Butyl tape sealed well underneath. LOTS of water drops.

Turns out it was traveling down the inside of the dome, and going into the plywood part of the roof laminate at the edges.  :help  For some time. I should be able to get a pic when I pull the inside 'bubble'. But we had sea showers threatening, so i had to seal this up ASAP.

I had expected the screws to be in the surround aluminum, but they were not! They fall outside the perimeter. The plywood was degraded back under the plastic top layer in a few spots to where the screws had little to bite into. Oh well, bless them all and seal it well! The entire dome was cracked at the  bubble rising transition, the sealant and mastic are the only things holding it together.  :beg

Waterproof now!

So the roof is NOT rot proof, there is 1/4 plywood in the laminate. Both sides, I imagine. Will know for sure when I pull the inside bubble.

Have to cut all the carpet off the bath ceiling, and will likely refinish the whole bath in the 'pebbled plastic' sheet. The I can finally finish the floor.

The trike has been taking all my time, it had a MAJOR defect, but the parts are being shipped back to the factory for warranty repair as I type.

Motor Trike is a GREAT and honorable company.  :)(: