• PurchDate: 10/2019
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Nightscape
  • ExtColor: Nightscape
Favorite Winter Destination?
« on: February 24, 2019, 07:50:29 am »
I took a few of weeks of vacation after Christmas and we drove the PC to Fort Wilderness Resort/Campground at Walt Disney World in Florida.  We had a great time, the campground was amazing, and the weather had highs in the upper 60s to low 80s each day.   We are going to retire in the spring and are interested in learning about possible destinations for next winter.   We would like to stay longer (a couple of months) to get away from the central Illinois weather.  So our question is, do you have a favorite destination to escape winter?

We look forward to any advice the forum has to offer.  Thank you!

JJ

TheLuvShack

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: October 2016
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2012
Re: Favorite Winter Destination?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 09:51:37 am »
For your first winter in Florida, I would suggest a few weeks here and a few weeks there. Mix it up and get the feel of the area. Our first year included Sarasota, Orlando, St Augustine and the Panhandle east of Destin. While we were in each area we visited other campgrounds to see what was available. Weather, location, traffic and amenities are considerations. Florida also has some great state parks with some having full hookups. Make your reservations early as campgrounds and resorts fill up fast. Now is the time to book. Typically the warmest weather is south of Tampa. Also the most expensive. Good luck!

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
Re: Favorite Winter Destination?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 01:25:13 pm »
 wavecow  Some of us live here! 

A frequently overlooked area is Melbourne and south to Jensen Beach.Jensen Beach is the beginning of $$$$.  :beg Sebastian is beautiful, and things are not as expensive as SW fla. Keep an eye on treasure coast and spacecoast craiglists also, there are smaller spots advertised there.  There are people in our area that have spots they rent to snowbirds 3-5 months at a time.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34413-d12221855-Reviews-Camelot_R_V_Park-Malabar_Brevard_County_Florida.html  this one is about 5 miles north of me.

Beachside -

http://www.outdoorresortsmb.com/

We stayed in one of the ON THE BEACH slots here for our first PC trip.  heartshower 

https://www.allstays.com/Campgrounds-details/17499.htm   (MELBOURNE BEACH MOBILE PARK)   

Many more I am sure. Happy Travels!