• PurchDate: October 2018
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: dark/Brown
  • ExtColor: White
Xantrex Panel Ground Fault Comes and goes
« on: February 25, 2019, 12:14:49 am »
 Recently purchased a used 2011 2350 with 40,000 miles. Parked in driveway as I go through it getting ready for the road. Two weeks ago while doing some inside work I had the TV on while running shore power. The TV went dead and the Xantrex panel showed red ground fault but no code just 4 red dashes. I messed with it reset the power checked breakers and got it going. The next night same thing but I got it going again. The third time it did it I discovered the GFCI in the bathroom plug was tripped and I could not reset. The kitchen plug as well as the TV/DVR plug was dead even with the inverter off.

Suspecting a short or bad inverter I started checking the wiring from the inverter to the converter and to the batteries (which are new) looking for loose or frayed areas.After a few days of searching and replacing the GFCI in the bathroom still had fault on inverter and dead plugs. Today I had a friend come over to get his opinion, showed him the issue while he was looking around he started the inverter at the panel and everything worked perfectly for about an hour then faulted again.

SO now I (we) think bad inverter ??? any ideas similar issues? Think I will buy inverter next. hoping that fixes it hate to think I have a short in wire.

keelhauler

• View Profile
    • Our RV Page
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 05/2012
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: Sunlit Maple
  • ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
Re: Xantrex Panel Ground Fault Comes and goes
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 08:04:52 am »
I had an E05 error. Replace the inverter for $320 and new one was $320 with shipping, an easy install.
See my post which has some suggestions for looking for faults. In your breaker box there is an input breaker to Inverter, output from inverter breaker and two breakers to the circuits from the Inverter. https://www.phoenixusarv.com/community/index.php?topic=3464.msg29344#msg29344

Rayman

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: October 2018
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: dark/Brown
  • ExtColor: White
Re: Xantrex Panel Ground Fault Comes and goes
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 09:06:03 am »