• PurchDate: 07/2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Graystone/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Graystone
Re: Options qustions...
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2019, 08:23:48 am »
Hello Folks: Now that my 2552 is nearing completion, our thoughts turn to the pick up process.
When  we placed the order the salesman told us normal process was we would provide an insurance binder and they would provide a paper temporary Indiana plate.
I called our insurance agent and he told me that because we live in Massachusetts, that wouldn't work for two reasons.
First: he said a Massachusetts insurance company wouldn't provide insurance to a Massachusetts resident for an out of state registration
Second: Massachusetts does not recognize any temporary out of state registrations. A quick google seems to support his statements.

Wondering if any MA residents have experience with this.

Right now I am thinking we are going to need to go to the factory to inspect and purchase the unit and then fedex the paperwork to my agent who will register the vehicle and fedex us the plates before we can take delivery.
If all goes well it should only add a few days to the process.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jim Godfrey

We bought our PC from Campers Inn in NH and ran into the same problem. you will need the certificate of origin (Title), RMV1 filled out with an insurance stamp on the RMV1, MA doesn't accept a binder. I know I had to go to the registry 3 times before I could get my plates. Good luck!
Frank & Beth

bftownes

• View Profile
    • The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: September 27, 2018
  • Model: 3100
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2019, 09:30:43 pm »
Hello Folks: Now that my 2552 is nearing completion, our thoughts turn to the pick up process.
When  we placed the order the salesman told us normal process was we would provide an insurance binder and they would provide a paper temporary Indiana plate.
I called our insurance agent and he told me that because we live in Massachusetts, that wouldn't work for two reasons.
First: he said a Massachusetts insurance company wouldn't provide insurance to a Massachusetts resident for an out of state registration
Second: Massachusetts does not recognize any temporary out of state registrations. A quick google seems to support his statements.

Wondering if any MA residents have experience with this.

Right now I am thinking we are going to need to go to the factory to inspect and purchase the unit and then fedex the paperwork to my agent who will register the vehicle and fedex us the plates before we can take delivery.
If all goes well it should only add a few days to the process.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jim Godfrey

Jim,  your PC will NOT be registered in Indiana.  Also, they do not collect sales tax.  You will get a drive out tag and proof of purchase.  Then register and pay sales tax in MA.  Not sure if this helps the situation, but it sounds like there is some confusion. 

Cheers  :)(:

Barry T

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 2019
  • ModelYear: 2020
  • ExtColor: Nightscape w/ Burgundy
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2019, 06:53:25 pm »
Getting really excited now!
Our 2552 is back from the paint shop and almost ready for pickup.
Wondering if anybody had the extra tall shower skylight option installed. You can see mine in the pic below.
Have not seen it in person but it looks terrible in this picture.
If you have one, does it add to the feeling of spaciousness inside the shower? (I am only 5'7")
Is it as noticeable from the ground as it appears in this pic?

Now we've got to figure out when we can get to PC to pick it up!

Note: The skylight is the big white dome on the far right in the picture.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 06:55:46 pm by jim.godfrey »

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2019, 08:58:24 pm »
Wondering if anybody had the extra tall shower skylight option installed. You can see mine in the pic below.
Have not seen it in person but it looks terrible in this picture.
If you have one, does it add to the feeling of spaciousness inside the shower? (I am only 5'7")
Is it as noticeable from the ground as it appears in this pic?
The skylight is the big white dome on the far right in the picture.
I am 5'-11".  I clear the standard shower dome when standing straight up.  But I don't stand straight up when lathering the hair on my head.  I lean over a little and it works without a thought.  The shower head is mounted lower anyway so rinsing is done bent-over.  You being 5'-7" I feel the standard dome would have been more than plenty room.

Here is a pic of our standard dome.

BTW: You have a very nice looking PC.  After a little while, you won't notice your dome at all.
I don't have a current picture of our PC.  It now has two white roof-top vent covers that take away from it's appearance.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 09:01:49 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2019, 07:39:30 am »
Thank Ron! I hope my rig looks nearly as good as yours in 12 years!
Seeing as there is nothing on the top of my head to lather, I'm sure I would have been fine with the standard dome. roflol
Just thought it might make the shower feel less cramped and help if we ever want to sell to a tall guy.
Barry said it has been a popular option recently.

mikeh

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • IntColor: Toast
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2019, 07:57:26 am »
Hi Jim, exciting times!

The new rig looks super!
I happened to be on the road in mine when I saw your message.  My tape measure shows 74.5 inches height to shower base in the center of the standard dome.  I'm currently about 5'8" (used to be taller :)) and have noticed no issues inside the shower.  The dome is pretty translucent, so it doesn't give much sense of definite height overhead.
I don't think the height of the dome will seem noticeable--especially at closer distances to the PC than your photo.  I'll actually be at Elkhart on Monday, as I'm dropping by to let them install an antenna on my unit--so I hope to be able to see your rig in person!

All the best,      Mike

Sarz272000

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: August 2018
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: Gray
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2019, 08:06:59 am »
I agree you have a fine looking coach.  I don’t use the shower.  Prefer regular facilities.  At 6’2” it is doable with the regular dome.  However, having the extra height in the taller dome may get me to use it more.

Ron S

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2019, 03:54:13 pm »
Hi Jim, exciting times!

The new rig looks super!
I happened to be on the road in mine when I saw your message.  My tape measure shows 74.5 inches height to shower base in the center of the standard dome.  I'm currently about 5'8" (used to be taller :)) and have noticed no issues inside the shower.  The dome is pretty translucent, so it doesn't give much sense of definite height overhead.
I don't think the height of the dome will seem noticeable--especially at closer distances to the PC than your photo.  I'll actually be at Elkhart on Monday, as I'm dropping by to let them install an antenna on my unit--so I hope to be able to see your rig in person!

All the best,      Mike

Mike: If you are inclined (and allowed) I would be very happy if you could take a good close look at my rig as I really value your opinions.
The sooner any issues are uncovered the better.
We are supposed to be doing a FaceTime walk through with Bob White this week as we really want to get as many of the kinks worked out before we fly there for pickup.

Regarding the shower skylight, I am likely to not change it now unless it screams at me in real life like it does in that picture.

Safe travels, Jim G.

mikeh

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2019, 12:35:39 pm »
Jim, sent you a PM.         Mike

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2019, 06:31:06 pm »
Ok, I'm no longer just some guy who asks a lot of questions on the PC forum, I am now the proud owner of a new 2552. It is in the driveway! (cheer)
It has been a long week that started out with UPS losing the paperwork I needed to register my 2552 but ended today with my rig parked at home safe and sound and registered.
I have to say that though my rig wasn't perfect when I arrived in Elkhart on Wednesday, the folks there were awesome and addressed every issue with a genuine concern for my happiness.
It took a couple of days and a trip back to the paint shop to get everything right but in the end it was worth it and  feel I ended up with a beautiful 2552.
Even when some of my questions were admittedly absurd, Bob the salesman and Bobby from the shop were true professionals and treated us with respect and made sure we got a quality product and understood how to use it.
There were a few money questions but in the end Barry and Keith  were gentlemen and did the right thing keeping the whole process pleasant and professional.
I originally had some concerns about how Campers Inn might interfere with the buying process but they too were efficient and professional and didn't have any negative impact on the purchase at all.
Bob White and Rick Ramsay of Campers Inn got all the paperwork processed very quickly and were great to deal with.
So overall my wife and I are extremely happy with the whole buying experience and already love our new Phoenix Cruiser even though we have only slept in it for 1.5 nights.  (another story)

But me being me, I do have a couple of questions.
While driving home, I noticed an odd noise. It is a fluttering noise, but almost like when you were a kid and would clothespin a playing card on the forks of you bicycle so when it hit the spokes it made a motor noise.
Almost like a loose lifter noise.
It occurs when the motor is under no load cruising on the flat. It stops as soon as I accelerate or decellerate. I thought maybe an air pump or something.
Any clue?
Also, I did get a Check Engine light come on during the 900 mile drive home from the factory. I plugged in a scanner and see a P0300 misfire error which seems to have turned it on. I recorded the data and reset it and it did not come back.
Wondering if these two things are connnected and  seeking wisdom from the group.

Thanks, Jim Godfrey.

PS, excited that now we are eligible to join the PC Traveler Club!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 06:35:09 pm by jim.godfrey »

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2019, 06:39:24 pm »
Proof:

Better Pictures to follow.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #116 on: October 14, 2019, 07:41:43 am »
Congratulations Jim!

One very easy thing to check for in regards to the flutter and engine code.

Open your E450 hood and disconnect the oval engine air tube where it is snapped into the plastic shroud that covers the radiator.  It is a no-tools easy process.  Just yank to pop it off.  Once disconnected, swivel it upward.  It swivels at the air filter connection.  Now look into the hole where the tube was connected.  You should NOT see a black plastic flap blocking the air flow at the opening.  If you have such a blockage, you must disconnect the radiator shroud, lift it a few inches, fold the flap 180 degrees, then set it down and reattach with the flap now out of the way.

Around 2010, Ford recalled the E-series for that inspection because a Ford line worker did not fold the flap back for a few months.  The problem can easily reoccur by an unsuspecting mechanic.  I caught myself recreating the condition on our 2007 E350 when I removed the radiator shroud to remove a dead bird in our radiator.  I noticed the condition right away and immediately corrected it before attachment.

BTW, removing the shroud didn't even help me in removing the dead bird.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2019, 08:16:28 am »
Thanks Ron, will check that later this morning!

When I looked  under the hood yesterday, I also noticed a flat plastic piece that ran across the top  the full width of the radiator.
It is maybe about 5" wide by 3-4' long. It is attached along one edge only by a few of those plastic push fasteners.
It seemed like the unsecured edge could flap up and down and when I moved it by hand it made a similar tapping noise.
I'm going to try temporarily fastening that down to see if that does anything too.

mikeh

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2019, 08:45:39 pm »
Hi Jim,
Just had to send a quick "Congratulations!" on your successful finale to the long, fun, irritating, confusing, interesting, enjoyable, frustrating, (did I mention costly?), and--finally--tremendously satisfying process of researching, spec'ing, and delivering a new PC!!
You have a beautiful rig (I got to see it at Elkhart), and you can be justly proud as the (temporarily) newest owner of a Phoenix 2552!  I know how hard you worked to get it right, and I'm absolutely sure The Godfreys are going to enjoy it tremendously.
Keep us all advised of progress as you break it in!

All the best,      Mike