• Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Toast
Re: Options qustions...
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2019, 11:32:52 pm »
Jim,

Super news!!  I know how hard you worked on this project.  Has to be a relief to finally get it locked in.  That sounds like a fabulous set of options that will make a beautiful rig.  All the homework you invested has paid off!

Hate to hear about the sofa/slide pricing--prices do change, but that is a baffling one on the surface.  Even so, once you take them to the mat, and find out it's reality, can't let unpleasant details derail the whole effort.  Again, congratulations on the order.  Now comes the waiting, but as tedious as that is, I think it's easier than all the months of blood, sweat, and tears that goes into trying to get the build just right.

All the best,         Mike

bftownes

• View Profile
    • The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: September 27, 2018
  • Model: 3100
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2019, 05:44:18 am »
Jim,
It was nice talking to you in the lobby at Elkhart.  Sounds like you  loaded-up your PC.   I'm confident you will be very happy.

I'm still in Elkhart and should be finished up today (Friday).  There was nothing major on my punch list, just a few small items.  Everyone has been very accommodating.

BTW, I'm OK with the stock chassis, but sometimes wish I had Liquid Springs.  They can always be added later.

Cheers  :)(:

Barry T
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 06:47:56 am by bftownes »

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2019, 06:19:49 am »
FWIW,  I am going to be installing a 2-step entry step on ours. I am 6 foot, but Mrs V is closer to 5 foot tall. We have to use a small step between the stock camper step and the ground, otherwise she tends to land hard and hurt her legs. 'Hyperextending'  is what the docs said it was, and its from having the step too far from the ground.

Sarz272000

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: August 2018
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: Gray
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2019, 07:23:04 am »
OK, FINALLY DID IT!
Visited PC this week and after a tour of the factory we sat down and wrote up an order, and  paid the deposit.
Now the waiting begins.
We probably got carried away on options including Liquid springs and a 6" stretch.
The only thing we skimped on was electronics but now I am having second thoughts and will probably add the surround sound back in.
FYI, Mike Peterson is no longer working at Phoenix and has been replaced by Jeff Pressinell.
I guess Mike and his wife still work for Camping World but have (somewhat suddenly) moved to Florida.
Gotta admit this created some tense moments when I had planned my travel to Elkhart and all communications from Mike went dark.
I was left wondering if they would be expecting me. It was a couple of days and several calls to the factory before Jeff reached out to me.
Once I  talked to Jeff my concerns were put to rest.
The factory tour went well, there were about 8 units under construction and I got to chat with a few of the employees.
Gained a sense of confidence that they are still quality coach builders.
One huge bonus for us is that by chance, while we were there some folks were picking up a beautiful 3100 with a great looking custom paint job.
My wife and I had been discussing some color changes but neither of us had the confidence to make changes because once it is painted you have got to live with it.
We loved their 3100 color combination so much we included it in our order. A big Thank You to those folks!
I'd like to also thank MikeH, Ron and all the others that replied in this thread and helped me decide what my new PC will look like when built.
Here's the list of what was ordered so far:

2552 Phoenix Cruiser
Premium Convenience Package
Liquid Springs
Automatic Leveling Jacks
Limited SlipDiff SFX-Ford option
Info Center in Dash 68B Ford option
225A Alternator
Awning 18'
Awning Auto Remote w/ Wind sensor
Full Body Paint, Nightscape w/ burgundy to replace light grey
Slide out Sofa w/ Pantry
Spare tire option
Taller skylight
Dual pane windows
Cherry Cabinets
Adjustable Shelves x3
Cabinet behind passenger seat
Corian ILO wood counter ext.
Waterproof flooring Cherry
Bedspreads x2
Power bed PS only
6 way Power drivers seat
Sofa Leather
Back Up Monitor camera without GPS option
Dual air conditioners w/ 50amp
Auto Gen start
Porch Light
Surge Protection, progressive power protection
AGM batteries
Docking Light in rear
Hand Sprayer @ Toilet
Removable rod in shower
single lever faucet in bath
taller toilet
heat and insulate sanicon
sliding shower head
Seelevel tank guages.
Magna Shade
Gas grill hookup on passenger side
Safe-T-Plus stabilizer
burgundy paint upgrade
Upgrade to Maxx air 00-07000K, 3 locations
Lagun side tables on couch.
Cabinet doors to under bed on DS
Norcold Compressor fridge
hitch upgrade to 7000lb
Extend coach 6" to make DS bed 74" and kitchen counter and cabinets wider
Advanced AC upgrade x2
2" lip around shelf over toilet
On the Advanced AC upgrade I will be purchasing the AC's from Advanced RV and PC will install. A modest credit was given for the standard A/C's.
Mike, I wasn't able to get anywhere with them on the slide w/sofa pricing issue. They say that's just the way it is. Wouldn't acknowledge it was ever different. Just said prices change.

All in all a very positive experience except a 3 hour delay on our flight home.  :)(:

Welcome to PC Jim!
WOW! That options list is quite fine! That will be a mighty fine unit! The color scheme sounds awesome.

Ron S

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 2019
  • ModelYear: 2020
  • ExtColor: Nightscape w/ Burgundy
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2019, 08:04:18 am »
Thanks guys, we are super excited.
Volkemon: We talked to them about that option and specifically tried the steps on a couple of units.
They said they generally suggest that option for 4WD units.
The units we tried seemed about right with one step and my wife commented that there didn't look like there would be room for another step however we were on level ground resting on the tires.
I can picture on a sloped site, with the front of the vehicle raised  to level, the distance to the step might increase.
Does your 2350 have a step well inside the door like the 2552? Maybe there is some height difference between the two models?
Think I am willing to take a chance on that for now but appreciate the suggestion and wish you good luck on your install.

Barry: It was good talking with you Wednesday and I appreciate your words of encouragement about Liquid Springs. As you can guess that was a difficult decision based on the high cost of that option.
Really the deciding factor on that and the safe-T-steer is I am trying to make it as safe and easy to drive as possible so that hopefully my wife will feel comfortable driving it as she will likely be retiring before I do and I hope she will do day trips with my daughter and grandchildren.

She test drove LS in Tampa in January and felt comfortable behind the wheel.

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2019, 07:08:58 pm »
Hey folks I've learned so much in this thread I'm going try few more questions! :lol

Trying to figure out where I'll b able to store a few larger items such as grill and folding chairs.
Wondering how the space under DS bed works out. I didn't order the bed slide on that side and did add cabinet doors to make for easy access to the space for smaller items.
Wondering how easy it is to lift the top and how high it goes. With the cabinet over the foot o the bed I would think access will be limited.
Also does PC put any equipment under there that interferes with storage space?
If anybody happens to know the storage dimensions there, that would be great!

Most likely I'll end up with a receiver hitch storage solution as others have mentioned but wondering how useful the under bed storage is.

Thanks Jim G.

donc13

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2019, 08:33:54 pm »
We found a grill that fits really well in the outside storage space.  It is a Cuisinart Grillster Portable gas grill, model CGG 059.  It was always a hassle to get the Weber Q in there.  It works pretty good.  Unfortunately, we still have to use the bagged chairs as they fit in the smaller storage area.  We saw some really nice chairs at a kids baseball game last month.  Alas, I can't covet them as there is no place to put them.

I surprise myself at how much stuff we have under the bed:  a 9 cube/minute ice maker, a toaster oven, an induction cooktop with the Magna cookware, a small crockpot, a 3 gal. water jug and other misc. items.  There is still room for a couple 12 packs of pop.  We did take out the speaker under there.  That didn't seem to change the sound much.  The shirt closet ( or in our case, the pantry) does not interfere with opening the lid.  The space is easy to access.  We have a 2551 so it will be the same size as yours.  I will try to get to our storage place tomorrow and get some measurements for you. 
---
Don and Patti

bftownes

• View Profile
    • The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
  • PurchDate: September 27, 2018
  • Model: 3100
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2019, 07:42:12 am »
We found a grill that fits really well in the outside storage space.  It is a Cuisinart Grillster Portable gas grill, model CGG 059.  It was always a hassle to get the Weber Q in there.  It works pretty good.  Unfortunately, we still have to use the bagged chairs as they fit in the smaller storage area.  We saw some really nice chairs at a kids baseball game last month.  Alas, I can't covet them as there is no place to put them.

I surprise myself at how much stuff we have under the bed:  a 9 cube/minute ice maker, a toaster oven, an induction cooktop with the Magna cookware, a small crockpot, a 3 gal. water jug and other misc. items.  There is still room for a couple 12 packs of pop.  We did take out the speaker under there.  That didn't seem to change the sound much.  The shirt closet ( or in our case, the pantry) does not interfere with opening the lid.  The space is easy to access.  We have a 2551 so it will be the same size as yours.  I will try to get to our storage place tomorrow and get some measurements for you.

I love my Weber Baby Q.  Bought it while fulltiming.  I carry it in the curb side compartment and it fits nicely.  I can't picture it in my mind now, but I removed the pins that attach the lid.  Fits nicely.  I also had a 25' gas line made so I can attach it to my propane tank, run it under the PC and attach to the grill.  Works great. 

Two sets of golf clubs pose the biggest problem. I carry them in the back of my toad.

Barry T

Joseph

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2019, 09:39:05 am »
I carry the Weber Q as well. Stored in the outside storage compartment. The door won’t close with the bbq handle in place so I reverse the handle for storage. Only takes a minute. I keep a Phillips shorty by the bbq for set up and take down.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 07:32:31 am by Joseph »

donc13

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2019, 12:34:58 pm »
Jim,
The underbed storage is 66"long x 20"wide x18"deep.  However there is a carpeted box covering the wheel well.  It covers the front 45" of the bottom and is only 11" deep in that area, so you lose some depth on about two-thirds of the space.  We added a 2" foam pad over the mattress, so the mattress platform only lifts 12" on our unit

There's no question that the Weber Q is great, it just takes up a lot of room. We also took the lid off for storage.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 12:51:13 pm by donc13 »
---
Don and Patti

2 Lucky

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 02/27/18
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Classic Umber
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2019, 01:12:46 pm »
There is a lot of room under the street side bed, and the deck has lift supports so ours actually pops up almost too easily. Our 2551 has the sub-woofer there, not sure if PC still does it like that, seems a waste of space and I may remove it.

The space under the bed I noticed to stay cooler than anywhere else in the coach, so I lined the larger portion behind the wheel well with 2 layers of 1" foil faced styro insulation with a lid to match. It is kept cool by alternating frozen milk bottles to the freezer, once a day before bed. We use it for extra drinks, veggies and fruit, wine and mixers. We eat a lot of greens and there is never enough fridge space to store much bulky items.  Works great, stayed 50 even when it hit 100+ outside, off-grid no AC. Even without the cooler things stay tempered under there.

It could hold several unruly grand kids, too, when they need to "chill." Without the cooler built in, that is.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 01:15:07 pm by 2 Lucky »

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2019, 08:31:02 pm »
Thanks guys. Especially Don for going out of your way to provide those dimensions!

Gonna measure up my Roadtrip grill in the morning but it doesn't sound promising.

Today I cleaned out my 5th wheel to prepare for its new owners.
Hard to believe how much storage that thing has compared to a 2552.

This is going to be a big adjustment but one I am so looking forward to.

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2019, 07:11:22 pm »
My Road Trip Grill inside its carrying case measured out  at: 36" long, 21" wide, 12" tall.
Not an easy fit but maybe if I remove or modify some parts in the case I might be able to get under the 20" wide.
I think there is a handle on the front of the grill I could do without.
Either way it is close enough I guess I will wait to see if I can make it fit when we get our new 2552.

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2019, 10:07:13 pm »
Has anyone ever asked about or gotten a 5500 Genset instead of the standard 4K on a PC?
Wondering if that is something they can fit  onto a 2552 so two A/Cs could be run at the same time.

It is a bit larger....

4KW: Weight: 178 lbs (80.7 kg)
Size: Length 30.0 in (762 mm), width 19.7 in
(500.4 mm), height 14.4 in (353.1 mm)

5.5KW:
Weight: 288 lbs (131 kg)
Size: Length 33.6 in (853 mm), width 22.2 in
(563 mm), height 16.7 in (425 mm)

mikeh

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • IntColor: Toast
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2019, 10:46:32 pm »
Jim, interesting question.  Don't think I've seen ANYTHING on the forum about this, and over time I've been through pretty much all of it.

Probably would be a question for Phoenix.  Dimensions are probably the main issue.  Would be nice to have the additional output, though.

Mike