• PurchDate: May, 2017
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Desert Sand
Sumo Springs: 2351
« on: April 10, 2019, 01:16:26 pm »
Checked archives,but has anyone installed and if so what model numbers.  Getting different suggestions from 3 vendors.  Were you satisfied with them. 

Thanks, Mike
Mike & Lynn Ratliff

bftownes

• View Profile
    • The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: September 27, 2018
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Toast
Re: Sumo Springs: 2351
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 02:17:54 pm »
Checked archives,but has anyone installed and if so what model numbers.  Getting different suggestions from 3 vendors.  Were you satisfied with them. 

Thanks, Mike

Before buying my PC, I was hot and heavy on researching Tiffin gassers, and will again reference my pursuit here.  I was on, and still on, every Tiffin Facebook page and learned a lot about the Ford chassis, albeit different than the E450.  Almost without fail, everyone who added Sumo Springs were satisfied and mostly pleased with the results.  Tiffin now offers the Sumo Springs on their build sheet.  I'm thinking PCUSA would add Sumo Springs to a build if requested(?).  I didnt order any chassis mods because I wanted to experience the stock chassis ride; I am pleased.    I will add that, IMHO, many of the Tiffin owners are a bit quirky.  This quirkiness may come from inexperience (we were all inexperienced at one time).  Seems that people who are new to RVing are flocking to Tiffin. 

hutch42

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • PurchDate: Interested in the new Ford Transit Diesel models
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: New TRX
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 10:04:08 am »
The Ford Transits have a very low to ground rear end when used as a chassis for an RV.  20-30 Fuse Forum members have installed Sumo Super springs in varying configurations to raise the height.  The Sumo coils alone will raise the height 1.5"-2.0''.  Combined with the Sumo leaf spring 3"-4".  The secondary benefit is ride improvement.  Now the Transit is considered the best handling and riding chassis currently on the market.  Owners have said that the Sumo's have made it even better. There has not been a negative comment on the Sumo's after installing.

Several of the true class B vans like the Coachmen Crossfit are including the Sumo's as standard equipment on the Transit. Installation cost seem to range from $500-$800 depending on the configuration.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 10:06:09 am by hutch42 »

bftownes

• View Profile
    • The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
  • PurchDate: September 27, 2018
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 12:46:16 pm »

zolman

• Key West Campsite
    • View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 1/29/2018
  • ModelYear: 2005
  • IntColor: Green
  • ExtColor: white/green
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 11:21:59 am »
I put Sumo springs on my 2005 2350 PC. I got the 2,800 capacity for under $200. I installed them myself. It was easy. You take off one bolt to remove the OEM on each side and use the same bolt to install the Sumo spring.

I put a suspended dirt motorcycle on the back of PC. That adds about 450lbs and the Sumo kept the PC riding at it's normal level with no bottoming out.

PS I also beefed up my PC hitch because it is only rated at 500 lbs of tongue weight.

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 11:48:00 am »
I put Sumo springs on my 2005 2350 PC. I got the 2,800 capacity for under $200. I installed them myself. It was easy. You take off one bolt to remove the OEM on each side and use the same bolt to install the Sumo spring.

I put a suspended dirt motorcycle on the back of PC. That adds about 450lbs and the Sumo kept the PC riding at it's normal level with no bottoming out.

PS I also beefed up my PC hitch because it is only rated at 500 lbs of tongue weight.

Welll HEY!  NICE!!  Link?

(Looked myself.... )   Where did you find them for under $200? I found them, 2600# not 2800#,   for $500+ and looks like more than one bolt to install...  same name though!  :lol

https://www.suspensionconnection.com/ssr-106-40-1-ford-e350-van-sumosprings.html