• OwnPC: No
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: Interested in the new Ford Transit Diesel models
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: New TRX
  • Slide: Yes
Re: New Limited Warranty Coverage from Phoenix Cruiser
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2019, 01:31:00 pm »
The only real gripe I have with the warranty is the "full timing" disclaimer, "LLC" disclaimer, and "substantial damage" and its interpretation. But have seen this in other warranty's.

The other exceptions to the warranty seem to be sort of normal I think...although could be gray areas.  The 90 day paint warranty a bit unusual maybe.  The "complete body structure" can be all encompassing (or not) (nod)  Covering all PC structural/built items with the exception of those items that carry their own warranty...which is quite a few things, and not unusual for other RV builders. PC does not define certain components in the structure as do other makers.  The words improper installation by PC is not mentioned, nor would it be in any other warranty I believe.  However if they installed the grey and black water tanks backwards, generator upside down, or wired the micro wave improperly, this would be covered in the "complete body structure" I am sure.

The chassis warranty is mentioned, which would be all Ford with exceptions for other vendors add on's like Quigleys stuff.  This is sort of alluded to in the wording.

The last area of who takes care of any of these malfunctions seems to be addressed in legalized talk.  The first thought if it is vendor related...owner takes care of.  Well yes in a way "unless" you live near an authorized service center.  In that case I am assuming that PC will repair all and deal with the vendor themselves.  Or, if out of the area you can bring to a authorized vendor repair center get done yourself.  If a body structure problem.  Get authorization from PC to get work done.

My interpretation of whats covered in the PC warranty and by whom is attached.

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • IntColor: Cherry / Beige
  • ExtColor: custom dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic stripes
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2019, 02:08:13 pm »

Please correct me if I am wrong, but as I read it the *only* two things covered by the PC warranty is "body of this recreational vehicle"  and "custom paint" (listed under 'Warranty coverage, Summary of warranty". All other parts are warrantied by their respective manufacturers, if at all.

The body of the recreational vehicle is covered against 'substantial' defects... like if it falls off? Panel delamination is not uncommon, I see it often. It also does not stop the use and function of the rv, only the cosmetic appeal. So... I would NOT find it out of line a judge would find that the delamination of the layers NOT to be a SUBSTANTIAL defect, but only a cosmetic defect. And since only materials and workmanship 'Attributable to the manufacturer' is covered, I suppose if they got a bad batch of glue, and applied it in the proper manner, and it failed causing panel delamination...or worse... not covered. They didnt make the glue.

The lawyers forgot to include a competition use clause

https://youtu.be/0qm3MvmwPmw
Goin' where the wind goes...

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2019, 05:13:32 am »

The lawyers forgot to include a competition use clause

https://youtu.be/0qm3MvmwPmw

roflol roflol roflol roflol roflol roflol roflol

WOW. Look at the front tire flex at 3:59-4:01   :beg

4:07-4:10 also. WOW. Wonder what they were inflated to.

Joseph

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2019, 12:10:30 pm »
Reference to the full time. How would anyone know if you spent say three months in your rv? With a 12 month warranty itís over in short order anyway.

Junior & B

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 04/2019
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Graystone with Hickory
  • ExtColor: Nightscape
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2019, 11:03:58 pm »
I obtained a copy of what appears to be a "New Limited Warranty Coverage" from Phoenix Cruiser covering all their coaches (copy attached).  This is not the limited warranty document that was included in the owners manual of the New Phoenix Cruiser I picked up in October of 2018.

Of major concern is the "Exclusions From This Warranty" section of Document.  Following is a partial quote from this section:  "The Warrantor further makes no warranty with regard to any vehicle used for commercial purposes, as a permanent or full time residence or as a rental vehicle, or any product not registered and not normally used in the United States or Canada." 

This warranty document goes on to say that "Full Time" for the purposes of this Warranty shall mean continuous occupation of the vehicle for a period exceeding 30 days of continuous use or 18 days per month in two or more consecutive months.

I have no idea when this new warranty document went into effect.  For those of you that recently purchased a new Phoenix Cruiser, was this new warranty document in your owners manual?

I want to make all Phoenix Cruiser Owners that have a coach still under warranty aware of the "Full Time" (as defined by Phoenix Cruiser) exclusion from warranty coverage.

The "Exclusions From This Warranty" section did not appear in the Limited Warranty from my owner's manual. My Limited Warranty looks it's different from the attached.
LLAP

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 2019
  • ModelYear: 2020
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Nightscape w/ Burgundy
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2019, 04:36:56 pm »
Would anybody have a copy of the previous warranty they could post?
It would be interesting to compare the two.

I was thinking maybe this reduction in warranty might have something to do with the extended warranty that Campers Inn pushes?

jam4travel

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 10/2018
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: PC 3100
  • IntColor: Nightscape
  • ExtColor: Custom
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2019, 05:26:09 pm »
Would anybody have a copy of the previous warranty they could post?
It would be interesting to compare the two.

I was thinking maybe this reduction in warranty might have something to do with the extended warranty that Campers Inn pushes?

I have attached a compressed pdf file of the Limited Warranty Document that was in the Owner's Manual of my New 2018 P.C. that I picked up 10/5/2018.

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 2019
  • ModelYear: 2020
  • ExtColor: Nightscape w/ Burgundy
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2019, 06:22:53 pm »
Thank you!

So it looks like the major difference is the Full Timing clause.
I'm surprised to learn that the paint 90 day warranty is not new.
Another change seems to be the need to register the warranty within 10 days of purchase.
Wonder if they moved to a third party warranty company.
In general the language of the new warranty seems fraught with exclusions  whereas the old version just didn't want to be responsible for non factory issues.

bftownes

• View Profile
    • The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
  • PurchDate: September 27, 2018
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2019, 06:18:03 am »
Is it possible that everyone is over reacting to this?  I bought a new motorhome in 2001 specifically for the purposes of going full-time.  I noticed the warranty on several of the components (water heater for example) had the "full time" clause.  Not once in during the first year was I asked "are you a fulltimer"?  Everything was repaired under warranty. 

Cheers  :)(:
Barry T