• PurchDate: March 2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Brown/Tan Full Body Paint
Distribution Box AVS050HD
« on: June 11, 2019, 10:25:24 am »
The Distribution box in my new 2552 has 2 output cables and NO input cable.
Where do they go and what do they do??
Retired Machinery Engineer

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
Re: Distribution Box AVS050HD
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 12:23:41 pm »

Coming out of the right hand side of this?

They will output the signal, amplified, that you feed into that distribution box.. The output wires SHOULD  end near where a TV mounts. This box will amplify and 'split' the signal to be used by more than one device at once. ie: watch one movie on two tv's.  It does not create any signal, so the input would be from a DVD player, Blu ray player or other TV tuner/ video player.   

Little outdated with the component video and audio, most devices now use HDMI.   If you are wanting to 'feed' it with a source that only has HDMI out, you will need one of these-

https://www.amazon.com/Component-Converter-Function-Adapter-Support/dp/B01MZYWPHV/ref=asc_df_B01MZYWPHV/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198093960169&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10094785149913170595&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011833&hvtargid=pla-400871731434&psc=1

And when you find the other end of the cables, you will either need a TV with component input, or another converter. Been a few years since I used anything with component input/output, so not sure if TV's come with them standard..

Hope that helped!

HowMar

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: New
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 03:08:28 pm »
There are two A/V cable pairs on the right (output) side of the box but NO A/V cables on the left (input) side???

donc13

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 07:47:34 pm »
There are two A/V cable pairs on the right (output) side of the box but NO A/V cables on the left (input) side???

They should come from the DVD/surround sound player over the passenger side if my memory is correct.  I won't be able to check until Sunday
---
Don and Patti

Volkemon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 03:58:35 am »

They should come from the DVD/surround sound player over the passenger side if my memory is correct.  I won't be able to check until Sunday

Glad you have someone with a similar model to help.  2o2 Donc13!!!   (cheer)

In reference to your question here.. well, are there?!? You are looking at the unit, so I will assume that there is currently 2 outputs connected and no input connected.  :lol

Your original question asked where the two output cables from the distribution box went.

If you read the 'book' I put above, you will be somewhat familiar with what that box does, and how it should be connected. The answer to your original question is still 'The output cables probably go to where the TV should be/ is located' and 'they carry the input signal from one device to 2  TVs  '

If your question is "Where is my input cable?"  It looks like Donc13 is going to scope that out for you and get you located.  (exactly)

The more information you give the greater the possibility of help.  :)(: 

**** rereading things to be sure I didnt miss something...and I did.. you picked this coach up new about 90 days ago?  I would think this is an EXCELLENT question to be posing to the factory.. I was thinking a previous owner might have reconnected things, but it looks like you are Owner #1!

mikeh

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 01:52:35 pm »
Howmar,

Upon detailed examination of my new 2552 that I picked up in February, I noted the same situation regarding the distribution box.  One of the things I did was pull the DVD "Theater" unit out of it's slot to allow me to trace wiring and cables and make a connectivity diagram for future reference for all the electronics that I could trace.  Assuming our 2552's duplicate, what I can tell you is that the distribution box is non-functional as delivered.  As noted in above posts, it has outputs connected and is connected to 12-volt power, but currently has no input.  In my unit, the box is the same AVS050SD unit that Volkeman posted the photo of; the two outputs are connected to the two left-most connections.  The output furthermost to the left runs to the "Component/AV In" connection on the front Samsung 32" TV.  The output next to it runs down behind the DVD cabinet wall.  Although I couldn't trace it further, I'd bet that it runs back to the vicinity of the second TV in the bedroom.  I don't have a second TV in my unit, and I don't see the termination of those cables back there in that cabinet, so I don't know precisely where mine are.  But if you happen to have the second TV, I'll bet you find that video and audio connection connected to a Component/AV In connection there as well.

As I said, the box as delivered in non-functional.  The actual input to the front TV (besides the cable connection from the antenna) from the DVD "Theater" unit is by HDMI cable running from the "HDMI Out" connection on the DVD directly to the "1 HDMI In" connection on the TV; I assume (but don't know) that if a bedroom TV is installed, a second HDMI cable runs from the DVD to that as well to play DVD's.

Since the box is not used as delivered, I simply unplugged the 12-volt connection on mine so it wouldn't stay powered up.  If I need an additional input to my TV at some point, I can re-power the box and plug in whatever I'm going to use to the box input.

All the best,       Mike

hebegb

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/2/2019
  • ModelYear: 2019 Ford
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: toast
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 05:22:26 pm »
Agree with previous post.  We took delivery of our 2552 in March this year and it is set up same way.  I assume it's there in case we want to add additional components later.

HowMar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 10:56:22 am »
I came to the same conclusion as MIKEH and disconnected the 12 volt power plug.
Don't need another drain in the batteries.
Thanks to all for your input!!

Volkemon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 03:42:31 am »
I came to the same conclusion as MIKEH and disconnected the 12 volt power plug.
Don't need another drain in the batteries.
Thanks to all for your input!!

All things old become new again...

https://www.phoenixusarv.com/community/index.php?topic=1408.msg10576#msg10576

From 6 years ago almost to the day ( ok, within a week...still close).... same forum, same thread title, same item, same conclusion.   roflol Came up in google searches on the subject.

on site search led to this, might solve part of the mystery of why they have this outdated format on board....

All I can contribute is that my backup camera runs through a 'Riverpark AV Distribution Box' which is located in the cabinet above the passenger seat (Model AVS050HD).

- Mike

link to above thread -  https://www.phoenixusarv.com/community/index.php?topic=2055.0

donc13

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 08:04:29 am »
Well, I got to check my setup, like the others, mine only has 2 sets of audio/video cables setup on the output side.

Don
---
Don and Patti