• PurchDate: June 2014
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Dark Gray
  • ExtColor: Gray
new 3 way Anderson water valve
« on: June 07, 2019, 05:32:01 pm »
The new 3 way Anderson water valve has the same problem the old valve had in filling up and overflowing the fresh water tank when you are connected to city water or using the water pump, which is the middle setting.  I called Anderson and so far no response.  I purchased and installed the new one last summer and after setting the rv up this month to take off for the summer the fresh water tank once again overflowed.  Anderson is worthless and I assume the new phoenix cruiser owners are aware of this situation.  I have seen no recommendations or answers on this from anyone.  Very frustrating.  I installed a shut off valve on the fill line between the valve and the water tank which is the only answer i could determine but it is a pain.  If you are using city water its ok to shut it off and that solves the overflow issue but if you want to use the fresh  water tank you have to have it on or the water pump will not work.  So you have to pull up the mattress and get to the inside valve area to do this.  Does anyone have a valve that actually works????  I know i am not the only one to have this issue.  Thanks!
2910T 2015

jatrax

• John and Carrie
    • View Profile
    • Zigzag Mountain Art
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: November 2016
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Graystone
Re: new 3 way Anderson water valve
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 11:52:12 pm »
Phoenix installed the new Anderson valve on my rig last June.  20 or so camping trips since and no issues at all.  Works flawlessly.  I did notice that the indicator knob is not perfectly vertical when aligned correctly.  Its off just a smidge and if you set it straight up you can hear water running.  Which might be going into the tank and the root of your issue.  But I never checked, when I hook up I just move the knob so I do not hear running water and all is well. 
Try moving the knob off just a bit and listen for running water.

bftownes

• View Profile
    • The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
  • PurchDate: September 27, 2018
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 06:37:51 am »
My PC is a 2019 year model.  I have no problems with the valve.  We spent the winter in Texas (3 months) and experienced no problems.  When I switch the valve, I do relieve the water pressure.  I seem to remember this being recommended.  Not sure if it is necessary, but not an inconvenience at all. 

Cheers :)(:

Barry

donc13

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 07:51:59 am »
The new 3 way Anderson water valve has the same problem the old valve had in filling up and overflowing the fresh water tank when you are connected to city water or using the water pump, which is the middle setting.  I called Anderson and so far no response.  I purchased and installed the new one last summer and after setting the rv up this month to take off for the summer the fresh water tank once again overflowed.  Anderson is worthless and I assume the new phoenix cruiser owners are aware of this situation.  I have seen no recommendations or answers on this from anyone.  Very frustrating.  I installed a shut off valve on the fill line between the valve and the water tank which is the only answer i could determine but it is a pain.  If you are using city water its ok to shut it off and that solves the overflow issue but if you want to use the fresh  water tank you have to have it on or the water pump will not work.  So you have to pull up the mattress and get to the inside valve area to do this.  Does anyone have a valve that actually works????  I know i am not the only one to have this issue.  Thanks!
2910T 2015

Sounds to me that the back flow valve on the water pump is not working.
---
Don and Patti

Thomas4854

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: August 14, 2017
  • Model: 2552
  • IntColor: Toast, cherry cabinets, desert sand counters
  • ExtColor: Graystone
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 04:15:51 pm »
I believe JaTrax & bftownes may have the solution for you. I too replaced the valve last year. After many many uses, no problems. Ensure there is no pressure on the valve when  changing settings and set the indicator just slightly to the right of top dead center. If this works for you, mark the location with a black marker for future location. Hope it solves your problem.

catsaplenty

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/17
  • Model: 3100
  • IntColor: Sand
  • ExtColor: Full body paint, mostly silver - lower gray. No decals. No swirls
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 04:10:15 pm »
After switching to the 3-way I still had issues (old thread on that).  Ultimately a new Check valve added to the water line solved the problem - as noted above an issue with the valve in the pump.  The check valve I have requires no changing of settings to use.  It just prevents the water from running back thru the pump and filling the water tank. In my case I did get an email from Andersen offering help if in fact their valve was faulty.