• PurchDate: 3/17
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2017 2100
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Stone
  • ExtColor: Stone
Sales contact at Phoenix
« on: July 14, 2019, 10:44:03 am »
I understand that Mike Peterson is no longer with Phoenix. So who's the sales contact? We would like to get some information, but they don't seem to respond. Also want to know which units they plan to show case and/or have at the James Island reunion/rally in October.
Thanks
Bob is what we call our PC 2100, and he has taken us from campers to RV'ers and loving it.

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: October 2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2020
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Nightscape w/ Burgundy
Re: Sales contact at Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 04:28:40 pm »
Garmp:  When Mike left he was replaced by Jeff Pressinell.
I have been working with him on an order for a 2552 but haven't talked to him in a few weeks.

garmp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 03:30:08 pm »
Could you shar his email by chance? Appreciate it.
Bob is what we call our PC 2100, and he has taken us from campers to RV'ers and loving it.

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 08:37:05 pm »
Sure, sorry I didn't think of that on my own earlier.  :-[
jpressinell@campersinn.com

garmp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 09:21:11 am »
Thanks, Jim. Appreciate it much.

garmp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 03:38:47 pm »
A new development in the revolving saga of Phoenix Sales Reps.
I just made an appointment at the Phoenix plant for some repair work via the phone. And while I was at it I asked if Jeff Pressinell was available, as he was the last salesperson I spoke with. He replaced Mike Peterson, who I had an earlier conversation with. I was told that he (Mr. Pressinel) also was no longer with the company. Bob White was the salesperson I should talk with. I then said that Mr. Pressinell was to find what models they were to take to the Charleston Reunion/Rally. He replied that the company wasn't taking any units to the rally, must be Campers Inn doing so.
Bob White is the rep in Elkhart, not in Campers Inn. So I will talk to him when we get there and try to find out what's going on. Where's Earl????? I'm so confused. Who's on first?

Doneworking

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: September 2013
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2013
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 07:07:14 pm »
Garmp asks a good question:  who IS on first?  We have owned Class Bs and Cs for over 35 years and love our PC but are getting the itch to start looking at a new RV.   There seems to be a lot of unknowns about Phoenix and I am fascinated at the lack of communication with current owners.   We bought our PCs for a reason.   The question I have is simply this:  does that reason still exist?    Phone calls not returned, emails not answered etc. are too frequently reported on this forum.   

Isn't that sad?   This is my second RV to have been built by the "old" crew.   The first one was the PC predecessor (of sorts) Intervec Class Bs.   

On the positive, our PC has been trouble free and we just got back from 3 weeks of boondocking in the Rockies.   I have had a lot of folks ask me in various states and campgrounds about PC.   Now, I really don't know how to answer them.   I suspect Campers Inn is an ok outfit, that is if you live east of the Mississippi.   That may be the business plan, I don't know.   

Who IS on first????

donc13

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 07:49:44 pm »
I think the answer is that no one is on first.

I have no idea if their deal with Camper's Inn is exclusive or not, but it seems obvious to me (from the messages here) that PC is no longer interested in direct selling to the public.   

I am certainly no business genius, in fact, I am more of a business idiot.... That being said, why would any company switch the way the do business that was quite successful in the mid 2000's when many, many other "big names" went bankrupt or were bought up by either Thor or Forest River (aka Burkshire-Hawathway) and became just another brand.

I can understand adding new outlets for sales, but removing a successful method at the same time?

Color me stupid I guess.

Don
---
Don and Patti

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 07:54:20 pm »
HeHe Garmp. Think how I feel having had dealings with all three of the reps you mention while trying to get my 2552 ordered.
It has been a roller coaster to say the least. Luckily Barry has been around fairly consistently.
The good news is the new guy Bob seems pretty good so far. The others I found to be somewhat unreliable regarding knowledge and follow through.
Bob has come through on every topic we have discussed so far. Hopefully he will work out in the long run.

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 07:59:42 pm »
Don: I believe the deal with CI is exclusive at least right now.
In fact my deposit was made out to Campers Inn not Phoenix.
There are definitely kinks that need to be worked out in the relationship I'm sure.

garmp

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 10:22:59 am »
I talked to Bob White today and explained that we are bringing or 2100 up for some repairs and are interested in a 2351D. Our appointment is Sept 13 and while the repairs are being made would like to talk to him about the many questions we have, cost, trade in, etc. He then told me that he wouldn't be there! I couldn't help myself and retorted, what do you mean? You're the third salesman I talked to in the last 3 months and on my second attempted contact with them they're gone!!! He chuckled and said, "No, I'll be at the Hershey Show. But I have made a note and will definitely have someone here to help you in any way we can." "And yes I will have a 2351D available for you to see."
That does sound promising and especially that the sales will be handled through the main plant (aka The Mothership).

Sarz272000

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: August 2018
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: Gray
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2019, 07:21:21 am »
Garmp
Glad you made some progress!  Good luck with your visit. If you drive the 2351D try some bumpy roads.  I see they have units with and without liquid springs. Driving both would be good experience.  Please give us some feedback on your thoughts on the 2351D.

I never considered a 2351D.  But I like it too.  I like the queen bed and extra chair that we lack in our 2551.  However, I continue to be amazed at the quality and ease of use of our 2551.  Not sure I want to pony up for a new 2351D and have to sell the 2551.  But you never know! 

Ron S