• NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: September 2013
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • Slide: Yes
Re: Just what is your Cruiser?
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2019, 10:40:47 am »
My final comment on BT Cruisers and Phoenix Cruisers

Having owned both, I confirm there is NO comparison quality wise.   I knew when I bought my BTC (and same is true now) back about 17 years ago that the BT Crusier was an ENTRY LEVEL rig.  Anyone that has any construction, engineering or mechanical background can spend thirty minutes in both rigs and come up to the same conclusion:  no comparison.  We love our PC.  I took it out of storage on a beautiful day yesterday and drove it up the road and back with the generator running and the heat strips on for load.   When I put it back in the garage, I patted it and said "see you in another four or five weeks, friend".   I meant it. 

mikeponiatowski

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • IntColor: Cherry/Brown/Beige
  • ExtColor: White/Green
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2019, 08:39:05 am »
We figured it's a "C". We used to say B+ or super B but it is now usually listed as a C. All those other rigs built on the E350 and E450 chassis are usually designated C.

To confuse the issue, I'm pretty sure the new Phoenix TRX would be considered a B.

Side story: We were just at the factory getting our 12 volt system fixed (more on that elsewhere). I briefly met a man that owns a 2100. He was picking up parts and got to check out the TRX. It was love at first sight. It is almost identical to the 2100 inside but sleek on the outside and perfect for stealth camping. It can slide into most regular parking spaces without a problem. It can only tow 3000 pounds but that works for what this gentleman called himself - a "roadtripper". He was seriously excited and I suspect he'll have a new Phoenix TRX soon. (Hi M!)

2100 and 2350 owners BEWARE - your perfect rig might be waiting for you at the factory or a Camper's Inn lot. Visits to just "check them out" could result in a sleek new rig.

Yep!  That was me!!!!!!!!!!

hutch42

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: Interested in the new Ford Transit Diesel models
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: New TRX
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2019, 12:52:27 pm »
Actually the TRX is a class C.  There are only four class official designations of RV's, so says RIVA, manufactures official documentations, most in the know insurance co's, and a lot of state RMV's.

Class A -Built on a stripped down heavy duty truck or purpose built chassis, no cab. Entire body manufactured by RV company.
Class C -Built on either a cutaway or chassis cab truck frame..cab already on. Body with or without cab over manufactured by RV company.
Class B -Built on road worthy completed vans. Interiors and some exterior modifications completed by RV manufacturers
Towables -Anything that has to be towed by a vehicle.

But I guess we can call them what we want (cheer)