• PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: TRX
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 06:06:34 pm »
Being a very satisfied owner of a 2007 PC, I wonder how it might be if Phoenix returned to the basics of the 2007 model year, to help them through the next down-turn in the RV industry.  I wonder if each current-day enhancement had it's own price tag, how many people ordering a PC would select them.

One thing I feel Phoenix missed the mark on is the outer rear wall with spare tire, and another wall design without a spare tire.  I always felt they should have offered one wall system with a side-hinged rectangular spare tire compartment large enough to accommodate zero gravity chairs, folding bicycles, or whatever else bulky in place of a spare tire.  This way the factory deals with one wall design for every PC made, and the buyer has choices before and after taking delivery.  He can carry a spare or other things that could utilize the spare tire compartment.

I also feel Phoenix should offer a full body paint option that paints the house the same white color as the van portion.  A white painted exterior would look great for so many more years, and very easy to keep clean compared to a raw gel coat finish.  Painting just the house a single color should be quite affordable for people who are on a tighter budget.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 06:10:02 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2019, 05:38:19 am »
I don't understand the gravity feed on the passenger side though as hookups are almost always on the driver's side and they have run lines over to the driver's side to the 4 way/3 way valve.
The water tank in the 2552 is on the passenger side with the inlet right over it so that gravity feed works. If the inlet was on the driver side, the water would have to flow under the rig then back up to the tank. Not sure where tank is on other models.
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

gandalf42

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: May.2017
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Hickory/Graystone
  • ExtColor: 2 Tone Graystone/Nightshade
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2019, 08:27:07 am »
I don't understand the gravity feed on the passenger side though as hookups are almost always on the driver's side and they have run lines over to the driver's side to the 4 way/3 way valve.
The water tank in the 2552 is on the passenger side with the inlet right over it so that gravity feed works. If the inlet was on the driver side, the water would have to flow under the rig then back up to the tank. Not sure where tank is on other models.

You're right. I made a misstatement as I have never needed to truly use a gravity feed to pour water into the tank, just use a spigot to fill the tank, which has no problem doing so from the driver's side. I suspect a true gravity feed is a seldom used item, only by those doing extended boondocking and having access to water close enough to walk to but too far to hook up to, or they have a towed vehicle to fetch it. In those situations, my tanks would fill up before I would run out of water, negating the need for the gravity feed of water since I would need to move to dump the tanks and then could fill up on water at the same time.
Mike & Pat Astley,

hutch42

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • PurchDate: Interested in the new Ford Transit Diesel models
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: New TRX
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2019, 10:58:37 am »
CalC

I also noted that info on class B sales in the report.  Both Winnebago and Thor' financials show class B sales up over the same period last year?

Pappy T

• View Profile
  • Model: 2551
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 11:49:07 am »

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2019, 09:05:24 pm »
A little more salt for the wound : https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/trumps-tariffs-trip-up-the-all-american-rv-industry/ar-AAEvISd#image=AAEvISd_1|22
Prior to the recession of 2008/2009, almost everything made for the RV industry was made in the USA.  I was happy to see so much of our 2007 PC has "Made In The USA" labels on them.  My research at that time, I also learned that our E350 chassis was the highest rated vehicle for "Made In The USA" components, something like 96% of every part number.  That too was very surprising and a comfort to me.

When the RV industry collapsed during the recession of 2008/2009 many RV component manufacturing jobs for a/c units, water heaters, fridges, and more, relocated from Elkhart, Indiana, to overseas so they have been hit by import tariffs.

On a personal level, I approve of the recent tariffs for the sake of fair trade.  I feel it will be a short term loss for a long term gain.  I hope the RV supply chain returns to the USA so the quality of products improve back to pre 2008/2009 or better.  I have noticed a few discussions here over issues with RV appliances from you good people as well as others on other RV forums, who also mention their troubled unit was not made in the USA.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 04:12:20 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Joseph

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2019, 07:17:10 am »
We’ve been on the road since May 10th. Travelled over 7,000 miles so far in the Pc and another 1600 in the toad. We stay on back roads as much as possible. Everywhere and I mean everywhere we travelled there is a never ending supply of used Rec vehicles for sale. Late model, older units, restored, needs TLC and so on. From 5th wheel, to 45 foot pushers, to small Mercedes diesel rigs, to class C, B, B+ and super C,s and travel trailers alike. Privately owned used units are available everywhere. The only privately owned rec vehicles we saw more of for sale were boats.

Reminds me of Harley motorcycles. At one time you bought whatever rolled off the truck if you were lucky to be in line that day. Now the market is saturated and Harley has closed plants. Did those aging Harley riders move on to motorhomes? I did.

RonJ

• Looking forward to being a PC owner
    • View Profile
  • Model: 2910
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2019, 10:07:20 am »
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 03:54:18 pm by RonJ »
RonJ

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2019, 06:46:43 am »
A personal thing....I wished they did something new with the front grille.  I never liked the industrial look that has been around since 2008.

I find it interesting about the 7.3 liter pushrod engine.  More HP & Torque, a bigger power band, and less noise.  I wonder about fuel economy.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 06:53:59 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

RonJ

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2019, 09:59:49 am »
I agree on both points.

RonJ
RonJ

jfcaramagno

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: Feb. 16, 2015
  • ModelYear: 2014
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2019, 02:43:43 pm »
Finally, some controls on the steering wheel. Ford is dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.  :lol
John and Carol

Pappy T

• View Profile
  • Model: 2551
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2019, 08:28:34 am »

hutch42

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: Interested in the new Ford Transit Diesel models
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: New TRX
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2019, 10:33:42 am »
The new 2020 Ford Transit was previewed at the Winnebago Grand National Rally last month.

Pictures of slides so may not come out to clear.

Hutch

RonJ

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2019, 12:15:20 pm »
In regards to "Godzilla"..  the 2020 E450, I found his very interesting.....

"A new 10-speed automatic transmission based on the unit currently in use in the F-150 will mate with the 7.3 in the F-250 and F-350 versions and up through the vehicle range to a point. Although fuel-economy numbers are rarely revealed for this class of vehicles, Ford is indicating improvements for the models equipped with the 10-speed. The transmission has been heavily revised for use in a heavy-duty application, according to Ford. You can still spec the six-speed in the F-250 pickup and the F-350 chassis. The really big stuff, namely the hard-core F-650 and F-750 trucks, stripped-chassis F-53 and F-59, and E-350 and E-450 chassis-cab models, will continue to use the double-overdrive version of the six-speed transmission".

RonJ
RonJ

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • IntColor: Cherry / Beige
  • ExtColor: custom dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic stripes