• PurchDate: November 2015
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Cherry / Beige
  • ExtColor: custom dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic stripes
Re: TRX
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2019, 05:45:02 pm »
Hutch - think Airstream Interstate, not Hymer Aktiv.
If the TRX wide body  stacks up nicely in a head-to- head comparison with the AI, and they can price it more  like a 2100, it should hit the mark.
Goin' where the wind goes...

hutch42

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: Interested in the new Ford Transit Diesel models
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: New TRX
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2019, 08:36:01 pm »
Hutch - think Airstream Interstate, not Hymer Aktiv.
If the TRX wide body  stacks up nicely in a head-to- head comparison with the AI, and they can price it more  like a 2100, it should hit the mark.

cal cruiser-right.

I failed to mention the stated differences between the Sprinter and Transit.  Handling.  I have camped in both a Sprinter and a Transit Fuse.  They both drive well.  The Transit has a little less rocking and rolling, top heavy feel.  The Transit has an almost sports car feel to it. The ladies love driving. Three engine options 2 gas and one diesel.  MPG for the diesel 15-17 MPG and the gas 13-14 MPG.  Dealers....a huge issue with MB, but lots of Ford dealers.  Service costs...well thats pretty well know with MB.  Oil changes at $300 (MB dealer), $50-$75 with the Transit.  Warranty pretty much the same.  Supply chain was a problem with MB this year.  They had big time issues getting chassis to the makers.

I think that PC can make a far superior B+ then other makers.  The TRX should be a winner.

Hutch

Pappy T

• View Profile
  • Model: 2551
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2019, 08:52:16 pm »
Hi all , found a little publicity for PC , TRX is highlighted  !    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_unsovT_iY

donc13

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2019, 12:12:18 pm »
We had a 2008 Forest River Lexington with a very similar floorplan so I am offering up a word of caution on this model.  The furniture in the FR was crap.  I am sure these sofabeds are much more comfortable thus not needing memory foam pads.  However, it would appear that with the motors under and behind the sofas that there is no storage for pillows, sheets and blankets.  I would be curious to know what y'all think would work for storage when you see one of these.  They are very pretty!

'just my "girl" opinion...... Patti
---
Don and Patti

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2019, 12:44:23 pm »
A personal thing....I wished they did something new with the front grille.  I never liked the industrial look that has been around since 2008.

Mrs V loves the 'face' on the Transit. Grill makes the nose, smiley face on the bottom..  Still looks like it needs lashes, but a little less feminine than the Dodge   :lol..

Should come standard with these..  2o2

But WOW... from this angle we begin to retch...

Maybe I can lay some of the blame to cell phone camera distortion, but Good Lord.. that is one mashed together 'style'.  The window bottoms are what, a foot below windshield base? And does even 1/2 of that window open? Is the front overhang 4 feet? (Guess my eyes are good...looked it up and I am close! 40.3 inches. https://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?bodystyle=Van&make=Ford&model=Transit&year=2018) (2007 E350 overhang 66% of that at 30 inches.. https://www.iseecars.com/car/2007-ford-econoline_cargo_van-specs#styleId=286426

They could have left those 'style grooves' out of the side adapters IMO...  Adds nothing but MORE fussy lines, and there are plenty there for 3 vehicles already. The top cap looks like the design money ran out when they got there. Too bad, there could have been a unifying feature there... somehow.. 
I have to compliment the paint designer... that black patch does make the front look less like it was extruded from a sphincter and superglued to a shoe box..  That bottom window curve is remarkable in the fact that it manages to exist in a large group of curves...and compliment none of them.  Once again, could be the camera. Maybe it matches the hood curve? Dunno.

Is the coach area wider than in the past, or the track narrower than the E350? Those rear duallies are lost deep in the wheelwell.. looks funky to me.  (YEP!  Rear track w/duallies Transit - 65.7"  E350 - 75.4 "  so about 10 inches narrower)   I am of the opinion a wider track is more stable. Looks better also.

But hey, there is a percentage of people that just like NEW and DIFFERENT. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I better get a service dog and a cane soon. I had been warned that blindness would strike me...   roflol  evidently the time is near.

BUT... I do love the wheels. A tribute to the original 'Indy Slots'   
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 01:26:10 pm by Volkemon »

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2019, 08:11:36 am »
Maybe I can lay some of the blame to cell phone camera distortion, but Good Lord.
But WOW... from this angle we begin to retch...

Be careful Volkemon.

Years ago I was trying to get Stuart at the factory to back away from the motor home and take his pictures from a distance of at least 50 feet to eliminate the horrible distortion.  I shared this with the PC community but got hammered for my criticism.  Back then we could rate each other as with a "neighborly" and "un-neighborly".  My ratings tanked so badly from that.

But I am 100% in agreement with you.  I'd give you all the neighborly's I could to counter-act the bad ones.  :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 08:20:26 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

donc13

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2019, 12:11:57 pm »
It's the wide angle lens that is used that distorts so much.  Most phone camera lenses by default are wide angle unless you zoom in to about 2x.

---
Don and Patti

luckytown

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2019, 10:12:33 am »
Hello All,

I went to the Hershey show and saw the TRX model....I was impressed with the paint scheme and the over all look.....They said that the TRX will come on both the diesel and gas Transit platform....It is exactly the 2100 floor plan with variations of double sofa or power sofa bed and dinette. Apologies if pics are not clear

mikeh

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2019, 12:48:09 pm »
At Elkhart today to get a couple service issues done on my unit.  Most of the folks were gone to the Travel Club Reunion in Charleston--took a new TRX down for that.
Phoenix seems to be definitely prepping for a TRX production surge.  Mostly 450's in the shop on the line right now, but only a couple bare 450 chassis outside, and I'll bet close to a dozen new bare Transits.

hutch42

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: Interested in the new Ford Transit Diesel models
  • ModelYear: New TRX
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2019, 03:51:37 pm »
Phoenix seems to be definitely prepping for a TRX production surge.  Mostly 450's in the shop on the line right now, but only a couple bare 450 chassis outside, and I'll bet close to a dozen new bare Transits.

Interesting to see them go full speed with the 2019 chassis.  The newer 2020 higher GVWR, new engines, etc chassis should be out by Nov/Dec.
Probably wont make any difference in TRX construction I guess.

Sarz272000

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: August 2018
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: Gray
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2019, 09:48:42 pm »
Thanks for update on Trx.  I wonder when they are going to announce new layouts for the Trx. What they offer now is not of interest. 

Ron S

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2019, 10:26:41 pm »
I feel the Phoenix TRX would sell in much greater numbers with model 2350-no-slide like we have because of the full-time bed plus a dinette or couch.  It all works fine without the need for a slide-out.  Next year's TRX chassis should help make that happen.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2019, 04:20:14 am »
I'm in Charleston at the reunion and the TRX is here. She's beautiful. Everyone is hoping to see inside today. Phoenix USA gifted us with entertainment last night and the Phoenix TRX was the stage. It was really pretty cool with the awning out and that light strip under the awning lighting the "stage". We have 43 rigs here including the FOUR shining new ones that Phoenix brought in.
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2019, 06:51:49 am »
I was just at the factory and saw several beautiful Phoenix TRX units rolling off the line. Tina told me an RV YouTube couple saw it at Hershey, loved it, traveled to Elkhart and did a test drive and another review on it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2D0QKDlH8O4  Here's the Elkhart review
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2019, 11:18:10 am »
If we lost our 2007 PC-2350 for some reason and were in the market to replace it, I would consider a PC Transit model, but the floor plan would need to include what our 2350 has today.  We dealt with a setup/tear-down bed in our first motor home which did not go well for us during the 24 years we owned it.  We quickly resorted to keeping the bed setup all the time and dealt with the general inconvenience because of it.  Having the 2350 now for 12+ years with a double bed, the decent dinette with upgrade comfortable cushions, the easy chair, plus the swivel passenger seat, we got all we need in a short 24 feet.

I have wondered this about model 2350.
The standard Ford E350 (now the E450) wheel base has been 158" since it's inception in 2003.
The Sprinter version Phoenix offered until recently, had a 176" wheel base.
Since the 176" wheel base works with the Sprinter, I wonder if it could work with the E450.  If Phoenix can accommodate it, I would special-order an E450 with the standard Ford (unmodified) 176" wheel base.  I think it would distribute the load much better between the front and rear axles, and address the 2350 handling issues without additional investment in aftermarket suspension upgrades.

When the more capable Ford Transit chassis becomes available next year, I hope Phoenix will offer model 2350 with the 178" wheel base like they once did with the Sprinter 176".  The wheel well may intrude into the bathroom a bit which I would ask if Phoenix could adjust the depth of the vanity to cover it....or maybe just let it intrude on the floor.  Raising the entire floor the 2" will limit headroom for taller people, and the 2" step up would be a trip-hazard.

Just sharing thoughts.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 11:35:39 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer