• PurchDate: 3/17
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2017 2100
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Stone
  • ExtColor: Stone
Liquid springs
« on: August 05, 2019, 04:10:40 pm »
Looking at getting a new PC and am interested in the Liquid Springs. And at the risk of asking a dumb question, with the Liquid Springs, that improve the handling so much is the Safe-T-Plus Steering stabilizer needed? I realize that the Liquid Springs are for the rear suspension, but are reported to improve the handling quite a bit. And the stabilized isn't cheap either. Especially if it isn't needed or useful.
Sorry for asking a question I think I all ready know the answer to. Just like to hear some justification from others.

thanks
Bob is what we call our PC 2100, and he has taken us from campers to RV'ers and loving it.

faiello

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 07/2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Graystone/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Graystone
Re: Liquid springs
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 04:50:22 pm »
Following.  I am picking up my new 2019 2552 with Liquid Springs the end of this week. I was wondering the same.
Frank & Beth

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 2019
  • ModelYear: 2020
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Nightscape w/ Burgundy
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 08:18:02 pm »
Garmp: I can't give any first hand experience on this question "yet".
But will say that I ordered my 2552 with both. I reasoned that they address separate issues.
The LS I'm hoping will improve ride and handling and wear and tear on the vehicle by keeping the rear of the RV stable.
 The Safe-T Steer although it will do nothing for the ride, I'm hoping will improve stability of the front and the self centering of steering sounds like a plus.
I especially like the claim of stability during emergency maneuvers and in case of a blowout.

Hopefully I'll never have to test that claim.  :lol

faiello: Wondering when you placed your order and who yo have been dealing with at the factory?

Regards, Jim G.

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 06:08:31 am »
Facebook site report -

""From  Robert G. Hogarth

Sorry I havenít posted a report on the installation sooner. I picked my rig up on July 5th and drove home. About 100 miles. I left the next day via air to the west coast.
My initial evaluation is as follows:
1. Cornering at any speed is excellent.
2. Wind and passing trucks have no effect.
3. The ride on bumpy roads is marginally better. I may see more of a change when my rig is loaded. Not sure.""

2018 2350  is his rig.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 09:42:28 am »
I have no clue concerning the contribution of Liquid Springs.  But it seems model 2552 has the best wheel base to over-all length aspect ratio.  That would translate into a rig that handles better than all other PCs without the need for heavy duty aftermarket suspension upgrades.  The worst models requiring the most aftermarket assistance would be model 2100, followed by model 2350.

Do Liquid Springs offer more than an improvement in handling?  I wonder if they offer a better quality of ride, nice and smooth, taming the rough-ride of a typical motor home.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Volkemon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 10:16:30 am »
That was generally the theme of the threads I have seen on LS - primary benefit is it gives you that 'magic carpet smooth' ride. "Smooth like an Ambulance needs to be" is a common phrase.  I have not seen handling as the primary reason for getting LS.

The post I copied is the FIRST before/after comparison by anyone I have seen.  No further updates, that 'report' was from 5 days ago.

Seen several 'I drove in one with LS and loved it!' reports, seems strange that no one has upgraded and reported back how fabulous the new ride is..... (WH)

mikeh

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 10:34:20 am »
Randy,

Don't know a lot about it, but Liquid Springs appear to be a really major chassis modification---not to mention really expensive as well.  Not in the same league as upgrading shocks or individual suspension components (and not a self-installed option for most folks).  Bet there aren't a great number of "upgrades".  Most of the folks with them got them with new builds.

Mike

Volkemon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 01:35:01 pm »
Randy,

Don't know a lot about it, but Liquid Springs appear to be a really major chassis modification---not to mention really expensive as well.  Not in the same league as upgrading shocks or individual suspension components (and not a self-installed option for most folks).  Bet there aren't a great number of "upgrades".  Most of the folks with them got them with new builds.

Mike

Oh yes!  I am certainly aware of that.  ~10K from what I understand.  But just like the ...I hesitate to mention it.. that quiet ac unit...shhhh, usually there are a few early adopters that are VERY proud of the upgrade and spread the word.   And 'only' $10 K to improve the ride might be much more attractive to people otherwise satisfied with their coach, over costs to purchase of a new unit/ sale of their old to achieve the same result.

Yeah, $10K to improve 1/2 the suspension, and not the part closest to the Butt Seismograph.  :beg  Not on my short list, but still interesting..

I found that one reference in the Facebook group, and know several here are non-FB so I posted it to inform.  :)(: 

garmp

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/17
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2017 2100
  • IntColor: Stone
  • ExtColor: Stone
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 03:47:15 pm »
Currently we have a 2100 and had the Safe-T-Plus installed after friving and loading up the rig, and noticed a world of difference.
So, from I see here both would be recommended is the price is affordable.

Thanks for all the input.
Bob is what we call our PC 2100, and he has taken us from campers to RV'ers and loving it.

Ashby

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 09/18
  • IntColor: DesertSand
  • ExtColor: DesertSand
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 11:41:35 am »
I have had my 2019 PC 2552 with 1 foot add to length and Liquid Springs and Safety Steer for 10 months. One trip from TN to CO and back and several shorter trips ~9k miles in all.
This is the best riding and handling of the 7 rv's (spread over 50 years) I have had. Night and day better than the 2017 PC 2400 I traded in to get the 2552. Still not perfect but I love it.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 03:02:10 pm »
If Liquid Springs were 1/4 the price, I might have considered them.  I am always looking at "affordable" gizmos or system solutions to smooth-up the ride of our PC.  A pair of Sulastic Shackles HERE for the rear leaf springs are a $400 approach that makes sense.  They are in my price range, but the design worries me.  It seems like the rubber within will break or separate with the twisting forces on them.  I also wonder if they introduce "extra lean" in the turns.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 03:09:33 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Joseph

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 07:14:49 pm »
Ron, are they the only manufacturer of those. I know I was looking at some a while back but not sure if itís the same brand.   Iím with you on the LS, if they were a couple grand give or take Iíd go for it but they are far from it so itís not an option for me.

I just realized what I think is the other similar option. More ride or something along that line of wording. 

Also looking at the sulastic site they sell the bushing replacements for $44.     So them going bad in time wouldnít be a big deal. The real question would be do they work. I cant find any anyone who has installed them on a E450.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 10:42:07 pm by Joseph »

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2019, 03:57:53 pm »
The real question would be do they work. I cant find any anyone who has installed them on a E450.
Yes indeed, that is the real question.  "Do they work?", "Do they last?", and "Do they reliably handle the weight of a fully loaded motor home?".  Something inside me says otherwise.  I'd install them on my PC if they were $100 a pair.  But $400?  That is too rich of a risk.  I don't want to experiment with that kind of money.  I'd much rather give $400 more to my favorite charity.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 04:01:54 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Joseph

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2019, 10:00:57 am »
Ron, Iíve sent them info requests on their web site twice that included my vets specs as well as avg axle weights when loaded. They never respond which doesnít give me any warm fuzzies.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2019, 07:27:18 am »
Joseph,

I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about Sulastic Shackles either.  If I installed them, I would keep my original shackles in the PC in-case the product collapsed and failed during a trip.  Like I said, I would be willing to try them at a price of $100, not $400.

In my mind, the manufacturing cost for one of them is similar to a part like THIS that costs $22.  I understand the "specialty" of it all, but $400 a pair is still just too far "out there" for me to consider the experiment.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 07:38:03 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer