• OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: May 14 2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Graystone
I have a 2018 2552 PC. I recently removed the drawer in the kitchen that guards the hot water heater bypass valves. When I try to insert the drawer, I get a hard stop about the point where the black plastic levers are half way in. Lift both, push both, push one lift other, nothing seems to work.

Anyone have a detailed set of instructions on how to do this in a fool (me) proof manner? Thanks a lot!  John

donc13

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
Push harder.

Seriously, make sure the rails on the drawer are inserted properly into the slides on the cabinet, and if they are, there will be a small "tick" as they pass the black tabs.  You do not have to move the black tab arms to insert the drawer, only to remove them.

What I do is push the sliders all the way in, then grab the drawer and line up the rail on the right side and just insert the rail about 1/4" and then line up the left rail and then push the drawer in..
---
Don and Patti

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
donc13 is providing excellent advice.

I do a different "flavor" of basically the same thing.  I pull out from the cabinet, the moving roller-rails, align the drawer rails to those extensions, then slide the drawer rails into the moving rails while the drawer remains outside the cabinet making sure everything is aligned perfectly.

Both ways work.  I am just more comfortable with my method.  But donc13's method is easier.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

2 Lucky

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 02/27/18
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Classic Umber
Mine sticks a bit about half-way in after removing it. I just "urge" it past that point and it works fine after that. Check that some utensil has not dropped in there or any other obstruction. Just be sure the glides are lined up properly first as described by others.  It it glides OK to the sticky point, they're aligned properly.

JHoecker

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: May 14 2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Graystone
Thank you all very  much! I'll try each method until one works :)