• PurchDate: 06/2016
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2008
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: birch
  • ExtColor: white
Ear plugs!
« on: September 01, 2019, 03:41:14 pm »
I don't know why this took so long to figure out.  The solution to trying to sleep with that big jet engine on the roof turning off and on every few minutes, ought to be standard equipment in every PC -- EAR PLUGS!

On our trip to Tennessee last week, we were attempting to sleep through a 90 degree night in Nashville, with the A/C setting off earthquake sensors every 5 minutes.  My wife uses ear plugs occasionally when my snoring gets bad, and it suddenly occurred to me that she might have brought along a package.  She did!  WHAT A RELIEF!  We both slept straight through to morning. 

Of course, the next night a cold front came through, and by then we were in the mountains.  So we never needed the A/C at night for the rest of the week.  But from now on, there will always be a package of foam earplugs in our medicine cabinet!

The only question that remains is this -- has a Duotherm engineer ever actually owned a motorhome?  And how did they manage to make it so loud, anyway?  My house A/C doesn't require a jet engine.  Why does my Duotherm need one?

backroadcruiser

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: January 2008
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2008
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Maple/Beige
  • ExtColor: White
Re: Ear plugs!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 08:43:46 am »
I spent 4 years on an aircraft carrier in the 60's... The A/C is mild      (tobed)

Bill G.
Fly Navy
Bill and Karen Golden

TheLuvShack

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: October 2016
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • Slide: Yes
Re: Ear plugs!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 03:56:47 pm »
Your thermostat may have a "fan setting" Hi, Low and Auto. If it does, set the fan to run continuously on low or high. The fan noise diminishes the compressor noise kicking on and off.