• PurchDate: April 2018
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: desert sand/cherry
  • ExtColor: toast
Awesome customer service, again!!!! Main door latch failure
« on: September 19, 2019, 10:36:43 am »
A big shoutout to Carol and the Phoenix Cruiser Team. We had a main door latch failure Sunday evening while staying at the Hilton Head Motorcoach Resort.  Called Carol first thing Monday morning and she expedited a replacement lock assembly.  Phoenix Cruisers customers service is second to none.  Since buying the coach in March of 2018 I have experienced nothing but excellent, top of the line service and support, a rare commodity in today’s world.

There are several threads on the forum regarding latch failures.  A word of caution, when this failure occurred we were outside with the cab doors locked. When the latch failed ( pot metal internal push pull rod) I, it locked us out even though the latch was unlocked prior to the failure. Fortunately my wife had her Ford cab key and we we able to get in the coach and dismantle the lock from the inside.  I have since hidden a spare cab key on the outside

Denny & Barb

• Medicine Bow, Wy.
    • View Profile
    • Weather at my home
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 4-08-2012
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: cafe
  • ExtColor: cafe
Re: Awesome customer service, again!!!! Main door latch failure
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 06:04:38 pm »
Mine broke also. Don't know if any of these RV locks are any good.   Replaced with an remote style. Was expensive, and only lasted little over year.   Sometimes RV stuff is so expensive, but built so cheap.
Your Word our Lord is a light to my feet and a lantern to my path...  Ps 119

donc13

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
Re: Awesome customer service, again!!!! Main door latch failure
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 06:18:25 pm »
I have had 2 failures of the same pot metal latch in the 4 1/2 years I have owned my PC.   I can only presume there is some regulation or whatnot requiring the use of pot metal else why wouldn't TriMark make that part out of a stronger metal.
---
Don and Patti