• Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: Gray
Re: New PC owner
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2019, 05:12:21 pm »
Grandpa
Do you know how much added weight the liquid springs add to the rear end, if any?  I have contacted LS twice and have not got a reply.  I know it doesn’t increase capacity of the rear axle.  From you and others LS seem to be well worth the price. 

Ron S

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2019, 09:51:45 pm »
I feel the greater matter at hand for model 2351D with LS, would be the actual weight placed on the tires because it's shorter length with good axle ratio, it's curb weight should not push the limit of the E450 chassis like the longest PCs do.

Grandpa17,
Get your rig weighed at a truck stop during your next trip (front and rear axles independently) then use those numbers to determine what your tire PSI should be.  With Liquid Springs, if your actual load on the rear axle exceeds the rating of the tires, then consider those higher-load "E"-rated tires.  I believe each tire of that type can handle 600 pounds extra.  But don't get them unnecessarily because they likely yield a rougher ride.

If your front tires are not over-loaded, you can safely maintain standard E-rated tires up front, while replacing your rear tires with higher-rated E-rated ones.

It seems that if the Liquid Spring system is heavier than the standard suspension, it would not reduce the GVWR.  It is a suspension system that the frame rests on.  I think it's more about what the tires can handle.  There is the matter of the load on the rear axle itself, but I would be very surprised it is of concern.

I am surely not an authority on truck suspensions, so keep that in-mind when reading my input.

Ron Dittmer
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 10:20:07 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

serrano4657

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: May, 2019
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2006 2551
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Blue, Maple Cabinets
  • ExtColor: Blue/White
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2019, 09:16:52 pm »
When I was looking for a PC, I searched for about 6 months to find the perfect one. I wanted one that was blue, average miles on a Ford chassis, twin beds, in good condition. I found a 2006 2551 only 70 miles from my house. It was in excellent condition
and drives like a dream. These RV'S are built with quality. I believe this is the best quality rv for the money. I will never buy a different brand again. Perfect size for any rv park, only 26 feet long.
Good luck with yours, you will have a great time with it.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2019, 12:07:18 am »
I found a 2006 2551 only 70 miles from my house. It was in excellent condition and drives like a dream.
Good for you!

If you have the E350 chassis, there is one thing you will want to check for.  That is if it has a rear stabilizer bar.  The E450 always came with one, the E350 did not prior to the 2008 model year chassis.  That was a Ford deficiency, not a Phoenix deficiency.  Adding a heavy duty rear stabilizer bar to an E350 had lacked a standard bar, will do wonders on curvy mountain and canyon byways.  Upgrade your front stabilizer at the same time and you will have a "Wow" improvement.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 12:12:50 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer