• Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: White
Re: New PC owner
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2019, 02:35:16 pm »
Two questions,
Could you give us the exact length of your unit, and what is your eating arrangement...we are considering ordering with the dinette.
You guys were sure lucky nobody grabbed your gorgeous rig!

Sarz272000

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: August 2018
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: Gray
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2019, 03:52:47 pm »
It drives very nice.  Our unit has the Liquid Spring suspension and the Safe T steering damper and stock shocks.  It feels well balanced on the road.  The OCCC rating, at least according to the door sticker, is 2160 lbs so it has plenty of load capacity. 

Be careful with the yellow sticker OCCC rating. It does not include your liquid springs, solar components, levelers or any options.  I looked at a 2910T and 2910D sticker at the factory and was quite surprised they were both the same capacity even though the 2910T had 3 slides versus the 2910Ds 2 slides.  Weighing the unit will allow you to determine capacity front and back and allow you to accurately set tire pressures.

I agree you have a sweet unit.

Ron S

Grandpa17

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: September 2020
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2351D 2020
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2019, 04:08:12 pm »
Thanks Ron S.   Yes, I have wondered about the accuracy of it.  It seems very irresponsible to me to print a generic OCCC sticker rather than one specific to each unit ďas configuredĒ, but it sounds like the stickers may be a generic rating.  If thatís the case, apparently the government requires the yellow sticker but manufacturers take a lot of liberty with it.  It has always amazed me how many RV manufacturers will ship units already at or just under the maximum load capacities and yet provide a lot of storage space. 

Grandpa17

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2019, 04:23:22 pm »
Two questions,
Could you give us the exact length of your unit, and what is your eating arrangement...we are considering ordering with the dinette.

Yea I feel lucky being able to grab it.  Iím not really sure why they had one in stock.  Measuring it with a tape measure it looks to be right at 26í (+/- and inch or two).   With this unit we wonít be living in it more than 2-3 days at a time and at our age weíre into reclining...  For us itís mostly a point to point vehicle to visit our 17 grandchildren spread around the country!  So weíll just eat off our laps or at a picnic table.  I do think the Lagun tables could be a good option to get the best of both, unless playing cards or board games is a high priority. Iíll post a few photos shortly to give some other insights into this floor plan.

Funseekers

• View Profile
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2019, 05:58:38 pm »
Two questions,

Yea I feel lucky being able to grab it.  Iím not really sure why they had one in stock.  Measuring it with a tape measure it looks to be right at 26í (+/- and inch or two).   With this unit we wonít be living in it more than 2-3 days at a time and at our age weíre into reclining...  For us itís mostly a point to point vehicle to visit our 17 grandchildren spread around the country!  So weíll just eat off our laps or at a picnic table.  I do think the Lagun tables could be a good option to get the best of both, unless playing cards or board games is a high priority. Iíll post a few photos shortly to give some other insights into this floor plan.
Good suggestion.  Iím considering the Lagun tables, just not sure if we even want them.   Iím in the mood to keep everything as simple as possible and I have a feeling even those would feel like theyíre in the way at times.

Pictures are always great and thanks for the measurements!

Grandpa17

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2019, 10:53:58 pm »
For anyone considering a 2351D here are a few photos that may help in the decision...

I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of exterior storage.  I like to have a fairly complete set of tools with me but also do not like to have to dig a tool box out to open it.  I found that a 2-drawer Dewalt stack-able box fit the space just perfect.

As I noted earlier we removed the Euro chair and that space work well for a neat silicone dog feeder that I found on Amazon.  The nice thing about the feeder is that it collapses when not in use, but also tends to suction to the floor and stay put (as long as the floor is free of dust).

Since the chairs don't have leg rests we use inexpensive foot stools which provide additional storage.  They will collapse for storage.

One consideration on dinette vs chairs, since the front TV swivels out a good distance it is very comfortable viewing for both people in the chairs.   We enjoy watching a TV series or movie each evening.   Also, the surround sound IMO is well worth it. 

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2020
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Nightscape w/ Burgundy
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2019, 05:26:30 am »
Grampa17: Are you sure your recliners don't have built in footrests?
All that I have seen do have them built in. There is a latch behind the little flap that is used to release them.
They are a bit of a contraption but we have found them to be pretty comfortable as footrests by extending them fully then after raising the padded section.
 I release the latch again so it can be moved closer to the sofa.
See this video with instructions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYVxpEpmBvk

I too have been pleasantly surprised by the available storage on my new PC.

Happy trails!

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 2019
  • ModelYear: 2020
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Nightscape w/ Burgundy
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2019, 05:57:59 am »
Grandpa17: Wondering what position your Liquid Springs were in when you took the picture in the first post on this thread.
I find that the normal driving height on my 2552 with LS seems a bit high in the back to me.
The lowered position on mine looks more level like the height in your picture.

Thanks. Jim G.

mikeh

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2019, 09:05:58 am »
Grandpa17---

Jim's right.  Think you'll find the extendable footrests under your recliners.  Of course the extra storage provided by your current footstools might be preferable for you, but it's nice to have the free floor space afforded by the extendable rests when they're not in use.  They also afford extra sleeping space when extended with the recliners fully down if needed.

All the best,      Mike

Grandpa17

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2019, 08:21:23 am »
Grampa17: Are you sure your recliners don't have built in footrests?
All that I have seen do have them built in. There is a latch behind the little flap that is used to release them.
They are a bit of a contraption but we have found them to be pretty comfortable as footrests by extending them fully then after raising the padded section.
 I release the latch again so it can be moved closer to the sofa.
See this video with instructions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYVxpEpmBvk

I too have been pleasantly surprised by the available storage on my new PC.

Happy trails!

Yes, our seats have the pullout extensions.  My understanding is that they are designed more for making them into beds, but can be used for foot rests.  We just find these footstools more convenient to use for propping our feet up, plus they make nice additional seats, nice storage, and can be used with the slide in...

Grandpa17

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2019, 08:29:13 am »
Grandpa17---

Jim's right.  Think you'll find the extendable footrests under your recliners.  Of course the extra storage provided by your current footstools might be preferable for you, but it's nice to have the free floor space afforded by the extendable rests when they're not in use.  They also afford extra sleeping space when extended with the recliners fully down if needed.

All the best,      Mike

Without the euro chair we put one of the stools there and one beside the bed when not in use.  Weíve found them to be really handy to store things in and much more convenient than pulling the chair extensions out.  If a person wants them completely out of the way they collapse down to about 3Ē high.  The seat extensions will be very nice if we need extra sleeping space.

Grandpa17

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2019, 08:38:19 am »
Grandpa17: Wondering what position your Liquid Springs were in when you took the picture in the first post on this thread.
I find that the normal driving height on my 2552 with LS seems a bit high in the back to me.
The lowered position on mine looks more level like the height in your picture.

Thanks. Jim G.

They were in the normal position.  So far I have kept them in that position.  The ground clearance on the PCís with or w/o LS is one of the things that attracted me to them.  A lot of the class-b+ís, especially on the Sprinter chassis donít have much clearance in back.  Weíve owned two sprinter b+ís (Leisure Travel Van and Winnebago View) and had some difficulty with slightly steep approach angles.

garmp

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/17
  • ModelYear: 2017 2100
  • IntColor: Stone
  • ExtColor: Stone
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2019, 08:45:31 am »
Grandpa, what timely information. We are on the brink of ordering a 2315D and you info has answered many questions, especially the flooring. Very helpful.
Thank you.
Bob is what we call our PC 2100, and he has taken us from campers to RV'ers and loving it.

Grandpa17

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2019, 09:44:46 am »
Grandpa, what timely information. We are on the brink of ordering a 2315D and you info has answered many questions, especially the flooring. Very helpful.
Thank you.

Iím glad to hear that.  I think you will be very pleased with it.  We are on our first trip in it and Iíll post a few more of my observations of this PC and this floor plan,..

Grandpa17

• View Profile
First trip feedback
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2019, 05:17:37 pm »
A little late posting this, but for those of you wanting some feedback on the 2351D, here are my thoughts after taking a couple trips in it...

First of all, and with this being the Thanksgiving season, I am VERY thankful that I didn't purchase the large-company unit that I had planned on buying!  The PC 2351D is so much better built and so much more practical.   

Mostly by happenstance we were fortunate to contact PC just when they had a couple 2351D units in stock.  One fully loaded and one more basic.  Again I am very thankful we chose the loaded unit.   We don't often boondock, but on our first trip to a state park the only site they had left was primitive, so we were without hookups for 3 days.  Having the solar panels was great.  Even though this floorplan has some of the smallest tanks, we made it for 3 days just fine.

Also, so thankful that we have the Liquid Springs.  Literally every time we were driving through rough patches my wife would say, can you imagine what it would be like in our last unit??  (Our last coach was a super C on a Freightliner M2 chassis.)    Before this unit I was unfamiliar with Liquid Springs, but I am totally and completely sold on them now.  I wouldn't own a coach without them.

As far as the floorplan, we are very happy with it.  The unit I almost purchased had a Murphy bed (which we've had a unit with a MB in it before) and while it's a neat idea the disadvantage is that your coach is either a living room or a bedroom.  If one wants to sit and one wants to lay down, you can't - unless you turn the passenger seat around, but then you can't watch TV, or unless you sit up in bed - which I don't like to do...

As noted earlier, we removed the Euro chair.  We didn't find it that comfortable and it takes up a lot of space.   Having it out of there free's up a lot of useful space.

The mattress is waaay too firm for us, but since it's split sideways and two different thicknesses it will be difficult to replace.  I found a 2" memory foam topper with a zippered shell on it which works out reasonably well.  Some day I'd like to try to have a custom memory foam mattress made.  Or better yet, it would be great if PC had it as an option. ;-) 

The 2351D has a Truma Combi LP gas furnace with supplementary water heating.    I was a little skeptical of how well it would work, but so far I am very impressed with it.    The coldest weather we have been in so far was in the mid 20's, but it kept us toasty warm.  It's extremely quiet too.  Even on high it's barely noticeable.  The controller for it is very nice and user friendly.   The only suggestion I would make to PC is to locate the controller on the adjacent wall of the bathroom.  Where they have it located it is covered up and inaccessible when the drivers side slide in in.

I continue to be impressed with the fit and finish of the PC.  This is our ninth motorhome and so far I consider it the best built of all of them.   The unit I almost bought this time around was on a sprinter chassis.  We have had two previous units based on that chassis and I am a fan of them.   This being our first Ford chassis I have to say I am very pleased with the chassis.  A big advantage of the Ford is it's wider wheel base.  That, along with it's lower profile and the liquid springs makes it feel noticeably more solid on the road. 

I would also say that the surround sound system is well worth it.  Switching form TV speakers to surround sound is night and day.    What we did in one of our units was buy a sound bar and mount it below the TV.  If a person didn't want to spring for the factory surround sound a sound bar is still a big improvement over the TV speakers.

The leveling jack are also worth the cost in my book.  It's nice to just pull in and be setup in less than 5 minutes.   I'm also very happy with the Sanicon system.  I still use rubber gloves but it's such a clean system compared to the stinky slinky!

We haven't had it in really hot weather yet, but so far absorption style refrigerator it looks like it's going to have enough cooling capacity for really warm weather.  I hope so at least.  We've had a couple of smaller coaches with absorption refrigerators that wouldn't stay cool enough in hot weather.  I'd love to hear any PC experiences with really hot weather...

As far as nit's I have to stretch a little to find any.  I'm still getting used to the light switches being on the lights instead of on the wall, but not a big deal.   The bathroom gets cold.  It would be really nice to have a heat duct in the bathroom.  I bought a small space heater to try.   I much prefer ducted AC, but given the size of the coach the single AC unit seems to have plenty of capacity.    Although we haven't had to use it much I agree with most people that the AC is on the noisy side.   Otherwise, I can't really think of anything to criticize...

One small issue I'm having is steering alignment.  When we test drove the unit the alignment seemed off with it pulling slightly left.   Before taking delivery they ran it down to the alignment shop and had it checked.  When I took delivery the alignment seemed slightly better, but still not perfect.  I decided to go ahead and take it and see how it did on a trip.  Throughout the trip it continued to pull slightly left.  Researching it a little, I decided it could be the Safe T steering control causing it to pull left so I decided to see if I could adjust it better.  After a couple of tries I have eliminated most of the pulling to one side or the other, but the steering wheel is still off-center a bit when driving straight - so I'm not sure if I should have the alignment checked again?  Maybe someone will have some advice for me here...

My message to PC...  Whatever you do DON'T ever slack off on your quality standards!!    Great looks and features might sell the fist unit, but quality is what brings customers back for a second unit!!  In all but one of the units we have owned, I would not have bought a second unit from that brand.  So far at least, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a second PC!    (In fact while picking up our unit I was talking to a couple that had driven to PC from California.  They had just sold one of the same class B+ units that we have owned previously.  (That brand is generally considered a good brand, and I have to say we had a very good experience with ours)   She said they were having too many issues with it, it was too hard to find a dealer to service the chassis and so they decided that PC had better quality and Ford was much easier to get serviced.