• Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: grey leather
  • ExtColor: none
Water Intrusion when connected to city water at Camp site
« on: October 16, 2019, 07:23:52 am »
Good Morning

I have a 2018 Phoenix cruiser 2110 10k miles. Just started using it on some short trial runs. RV newbie except for childhood when my Dad was around. My problem is I hooked up to city water, turned the dial in the connection box to city. Cannot say the fitting was perfectly tight had some water seepage around the box. Slide out & Rain ... had water infiltration behind the drivers seat& under the bed. Once I disconnected the water I had no problem. I am curious what path the water could be taking to get to this spot form outside the motor home. Should I take it to service?

Robin

jimmer

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 5 / 2016
  • Model: 2700
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: BLUE/OFF WHITE/MAPLE
  • ExtColor: WHITE OVER BLUE
Re: Water Intrusion when connected to city water at Camp site
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 09:48:56 am »
Robin -   It could be the rain.  Here's what I figured out after a rain      Rain can sneak in between the slide "awning" and the top of the slide, causing some pooling up there, depending on how level, or not, you were when it rained.  Also, water can
stick to the sides of the slide, before it dries.   I found when you pull the slide in,   that water gets "squeegeed" by the slide seals and can follow the seal down to the floor, behind the driver's seat, or refridge,  or wherever your seals meet the floor  or some other
obstruction that stops the water.     We had it once in the bed slide also.      The trick, I found, is to get the water off the slide top and sides, with a shamee or windshield squeegee before bringing the slide in.      I believe others have commented, and I
try also, to have the Cruiser leaning slightly to the driver's side to encourage the water to drain off in that direction as much as possible when rain is expected.
Just my experience, Jim

tswhitewater

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: April 2018
  • Model: 2552
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: desert sand/cherry
  • ExtColor: toast
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 03:25:52 pm »
I had a similar problem with our 2018 2552.  I  found water under the drivers side bed after being hooked to city water. Under the drivers side bed there are 2 access panels.  Remove both panels.  The back of the 3 way valve is now accessible.  Phoenix uses fittings on the back of the 3 way valve that are designed to be tightened by hand.  I discovered that one of the fittings had vibrated loose.  The fix was simply to tighten the nut. On our way to Alaska the problem reoccured.  On our rig the pipes out of the 3 way valve were suspended (not secured) so they were free to vibrate.  I used mini cell foam around the pipes to stop the vibration, problem solved.  It has not not happened again. Fingers crossed!!!

Robin

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 06/2019
  • Model: 2100
  • IntColor: grey leather
  • ExtColor: none
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 06:57:21 pm »
Thanks for the info.. I removed the panel on the drivers side front of the bed. Mostly to dry out the carpet on the panel. The only thing I remember at that location looked like electrical or control wiring. Is there another panel in the rear I should try to access. Most of the ponding was near the drivers panel and some under the bed. I do not know the plumbing route for the unit it seemed strange to me that there is water routed to the from when kitchen & bath are all in the rear? 

Monday I pick up my unit for another trip & I am expecting rain .. So I will do some troubleshooting with the input I have been given .. does it leak during rain or just with city water.. locate values & fittings and tighten..

Appreciate your input will let you know how I make out.

Thanks
Robin

tswhitewater

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: April 2018
  • Model: 2552
  • IntColor: desert sand/cherry
  • ExtColor: toast
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 07:30:14 pm »
There is a second panel further aft under the drivers side bed that should give you access to the valve.  When I first discovered the water, there was a small puddle on the floor just aft of the refrig.  The water was running forward up the electrical channel from the valve toward the refrig.  There are only 4 screws securing the panel so itís worth a look.  Mine only leaked when hooked up to city water.

donc13

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 08:20:46 pm »
There is a second panel further aft under the drivers side bed that should give you access to the valve.  When I first discovered the water, there was a small puddle on the floor just aft of the refrig.  The water was running forward up the electrical channel from the valve toward the refrig.  There are only 4 screws securing the panel so itís worth a look.  Mine only leaked when hooked up to city water.

She has a 2100 according to her info.  They are totally different from the 2551/2 layout.

The panel to get to the back of the 3 way valve should be inside the wall, pretty much exactly behind the the 3 way hookup.  Looking at the 2100 Floorplan, that would be under the bathroom sink or in the wardrobe.

My *guess* would be under the sink on the inside of the outside wall.

Don
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 08:23:33 pm by donc13 »
---
Don and Patti

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 07:38:48 am »
From the other comments, the leak from the 3-way valve must have the same type of connection scheme used for the kitchen and bathroom sinks, hand tight like our PC's kitchen faucet shown here.

Soon after we bought our PC, I replaced the generic white plastic bathroom faucet (installed back in 2007) with a nicer one, the swing-spigot shown here.  The original faucet was of the same type as the outside shower we all have.  To my surprise, I needed no tools at all to replace it.  Everything was wing-nut-style, hand tighten.  It took all of 10 minutes to replace the bathroom faucet.  Doing it a second time, I could cut the time in half.

Once you access the back side of your 3-way valve, the repair should take but seconds.  Snugging it tighter should do it.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 07:46:14 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer