• PurchDate: October 2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2020
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Nightscape w/ Burgundy
Re: 2552 RV Cover
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 07:39:32 pm »
I don't have any experience with the GLRVB2628 YET!
But I  did order one earlier this week and it is expected to ship Nov 6.
At 342"  (28.5') I am hoping for a snug fit on my 2552 w/ 6" stretch.
Measured my rig and came up with about 28'2" bumper to bumper.

Will keep you posted on the results.

HowMar

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: March 2019
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Brown/Tan Full Body Paint
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 12:20:15 pm »
Thanks, I have an EXC2629 which actually fits a class C and is waaaay to large.
BTW, it is new and it is for sale.
Retired Machinery Engineer

donc13

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 12:44:50 pm »
Since the 2552 is 27' 10" without the ladder, I would bet the 2628 would fit fine.   After all, the 2552 is neither as wide or as tall as a true Class C.  But why not call Gold Line and ask them to be sure.   
---
Don and Patti

Sarz272000

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: August 2018
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: Gray
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 03:07:45 pm »
I have a 2551 and bought the Goldline cover. 

Class B RV Covers - Fits 28' Long
342" L x 84" W x 96" H
Color: Cadet Gray

High quality cover.  Keeps the PC clean and protected.  It is a little too big for the 2551 but itís the only option.  Flaps in the wind.  Driving me crazy.   pyho. So I added a strap across windshield and clips along sides to tighten her up.  Much better now.  The cover has extra Velcro straps on the roof.  Not sure what they are for?  Have to call to see if they are for addition straps as the four they give you is not enough for the 2551.  Also water collects on the rear roof between the ladder and fan covers because of the roof rails.  I added a large ball to that area.  Hopefully that helps that area drain.

I need inside storage.  This is too much work!

Ron S

custerhank

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: Sept/2019
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Brown
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 03:50:47 pm »
  We just got our 2017 2910D and previous owner shipped us his cover gratis  (I paid shipping). He also gave me a protective bonnet for the front.  But am told by my local RV dealer our very windy and very cold/snowy weather (Custer SD) will destroy the cover in a year. It is grey in a grey bag with black bottom and weighs about 25-30 lbs. Has black velcro straps. Do not want to remove from bag 'cause might not get it back in! So do not know the brand (need to call owner..). But I will give it to anyone who agrees to pay shipping. Seems like a nice cover. Full disclosure - shipping from Arkansas to Custer (per owner) was $125.

Hank

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 09:41:16 pm »
Hi Folks: Received my Goldline cover today,
Although I have no idea if it will fit my PC :), it sure looks like a well made cover.
Comes in a nice duffel bag, straps and hardware look much nicer than the standard covers I have had before.
The material is a sturdy cloth, (claims to be waterproof), the seams all have double stitching about a 1/4 apart and the zippers look to be of good quality with fabric behind them.
Overall very pleased with the quality. Even comes with some patch material should the need arise.
One thing to note, there does not appear to be any type of lining at least in the part I could see. So the sturdy material is in direct contact with the paint.
Not sure I like this but I suppose if it was a problem they would not be so popular.

Will update when I get to put it on the PC but I am holding off a bit hoping for some Indian Summer so I can get the PC out once or twice more before she goes into hibernation.  :'(

HowMar

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: March 2019
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Brown/Tan Full Body Paint
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 03:58:58 pm »
Jim;
Looking forward to see how it fits.
I have one from my old Phoenix 2400, it is still good after 8 years, but too small.
I have an EXC2629, fits a class C, but too large.
Retired Machinery Engineer

Sarz272000

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: August 2018
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: Gray
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 04:50:04 pm »
I have 2551 with gold line cover.  It fits a little loose but I added clips to hold cover down better and a yoga ball placed near the ladder to provided better drainage.  Water collects between ladder and a/c due to roof rails without the yoga ball.   It might fit a 2552 better considering it is a foot longer but 2552 owners may know better or call gold line. 

Like the cover as it protects well and is nicely constructed.

Ron S

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2019, 04:10:35 pm »
So the good news is my Goldline GLRVB2628 is on and fits my 2552 w/6" stretch pretty well.
Reaches down the sides well and is a snug fit length wise. I think it would be perfect for the 2552 without a stretch.
Like others have mentioned, I could think of better placement for the zippers to make access into the rig a bit easier but at least it is possible without having to remove too many of the tie straps.
The cover appears to be very well made and comes with good quality hardware.
If today wasn't so breezy it would have bee fairly east to install except where I hadn't rolled it myself, it wasn't obvious which end was which till it was mostly opened up.

So the bad news is, my Goldline cover is on which means my PC is put to bed for the winter.  :'(
Picked it up mid October and due to work and family commitments, coupled with lousy weather , we really didn't get a chance to do much with it.
Really looking forward to spring!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 08:53:43 pm by jim.godfrey »

Engineerlt

• A Little Project
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: Aug, 2019
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Hickory
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2019, 08:23:55 am »
Hello JIm
Looks good I am looking at getting a cover as well and was curious at how well yours fit.  It looks like it fits snugger than most.  Do you have a ladder?  Just trying to get the correct size for mine. I measured mine out from bumper to rear cap and it is almost 29ft long. My 2552 as well as yours is stretched 6".  Do You have the Winegard Razar Z1 antenna, the one that looks like a horseshoe crab. If so did you cover it with something to stop the edges of the metal portion from cutting through the cover? You said that the zippers are not in a good place for access into the coach, is there a panel that you can roll up located at the main house door?

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2019, 07:14:59 pm »
Hi ENGINEERLT:
Yes I do have a ladder on the back of the unit and no problem with room for it under the cover.
The only place it seems a bit tight is the area you can see on the front grill and the top back corners.
I did set a 5 gallon pail with weight in it and a smooth cover behind my rear AC to hopefully prevent the puddling others have mentioned because of the rear u-shaped railing.
My antenna is the Winegard Air 365 which has a smooth top so did not add padding there.
I did tie wrap some bubble wrap on the ends of the main and slide awnings because the metal awning covers have a sharp edge where the weight of the cover would hang over it.
Regarding the zippers, there is a zipper on each side about midway on the wing wall. so it is a little far back to be able to open the van doors well and a little too forward to open the coach door easily.
There is another zipper at the rear corner on each side so 'i think the manufacturers intention is to allow you to roll up the entire side and they even provided velcro tabs that look intended to hold it up but I have  not tried it yet.
Will likely be doing that soon as I still need to get into the unit to do some final prep for winter like adding dryer sheets and removing batteries.
Tomorrow I will re-measure my RV because I thought it was just around 28'2" bumper to bumper so if  it is, and your rig is actually 29' I don't think this cover would fit.
Will also post a few more pics of how it actually fits in different areas.

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2019, 08:13:26 pm »
OK got out the tape measure and camera again today and got an accurate length.
From bumper to bumper down the center of the coach I measured exactly 28'4". This does not include the ladder which is off to the side.
It actually matches up accurately with the PC published length of a 2552 which they say is 27'10" plus the 6" stretch.
Looking at it today I would say I was wrong yesterday in that the top rear corners are not too tight, and there is plenty of room for the ladder.
Where it is a bit tight is the back corners down lower like near the bottom of the awning leg.

Overall I am really happy with the fit and consider it about as good as I could get without going custom.
Here are a few more pics to give you an idea what it looks like.
Good luck on your search.  JIm G.

Joseph

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2019, 05:02:31 pm »
That actually looks pretty darn good. My cover lasted 3 1/2 years before it disintegrated. For our area I donít really need a full cover. Where I keep is itís surrounded by taller vehicles so I really need a cover that only covers the roof to protect it against the desert sun.