• PurchDate: August 2018
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: Gray
TRX pic added to PC web page
« on: November 07, 2019, 08:22:56 pm »
Just noticed a TRX picture adores the PC web page.  Looks like the sprinter picture was removed. Swipe the pic to see all three.

Maybe they will be communication more on new layouts for the TRX as the existing one doesn’t cut it for us.  It sure is a beauty though!

Ron S

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: TRX pic added to PC web page
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 08:47:48 pm »
I see that too.

It's too bad the two TRX flavors (dinette/couch and couch/couch) are without a permanent double bed (2350) or two single beds (2551).  I think they would be a lot more popular.  Maybe next year when the TRX has a higher GVWR.

I really like the low profile, only 9'-6" to the top of the a/c unit, yet the same interior height.  That means the floor is 7 inches lower than an E-series....nice!  Improved center of gravity for better handling!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 09:24:28 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • IntColor: Cherry / Beige
  • ExtColor: custom dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic stripes
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 12:03:06 am »
Looks like the revamped prototype is for sale.
IIRC this was originally a twin sofa model.
https://www.phoenixusarv.com/inventory/inventory-used/

The TRX is almost 23’, but  the front overhang is ~ 1ft longer than the E-series. Perhaps  they could do a corner bed by putting the coach entry all the way forward like the 2551?
Goin' where the wind goes...

Doneworking

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: September 2013
  • ModelYear: 2013
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 09:13:10 am »
If I read the specs correctly, it is 97 inches wide compared to our 93 inch width.   That is eight feet and one inch.   Is that width correct??

hutch42

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: Interested in the new Ford Transit Diesel models
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: New TRX
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 01:49:27 pm »
UCC--a new RV word in specs?  "Useful Cargo Capacity" or Usable Carrying Capacity"?  Either way 1450 LBS not bad for a cutaway transit RV.  The competition (Transit) is running 850 Lbs to 1250 LBS.  Course its only 23' and no slide which makes sense.  WB Ratio is right on the money at 55%.  97" width seems a little wide.  The LTV Wonder and Coach house Plat III are 95" with some of those folks using a heavier duty sway bar....But the TRX is 2' shorter so maybe not.

I think they may have a "Typo" in the page showing all the models of PC.  It shows two TRX's with Sofa and Dinette.  Once you open the dedicated TRX page it shows both the dinette and the twin couch models.

Nice looking RV   tymote PC!

dogyard

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 08/2018
  • ModelYear: 2014
  • IntColor: Beige
  • ExtColor: Desert
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 08:30:23 pm »
We purchased our 2350 based on the "must have" requirement of a fixed bed but after visiting the TRX (production model, not the prototype that SHOULDN'T  be sold) at the reunion in Charleston 4-5 times and then driving to check out the 2 sofa model at Campers Inn to really check out I believe that's our next rig.  We'll wait for the upgraded Ford chassis but a no slide, nimble "daily driver" vehicle and very roomy floorplan convinced us the fixed bed is a waste of space for us.  The twin bed options (no dinette) in the TRX are actually more comfortable and easier to access than the corner bed in our 2350.  The cabinets over sofas are infinitely easier to access than those over our bed and the center aisle with the sofas is easy for traffic, meal prep, etc.  Congrats to Phoenix, we were going to move to the wide body Coach House or Leisure Travel but they retained us as customers with this progressive design.  BTW, this smaller style is the ONLY type motorhome our adult children would consider for their families (they think our 2350 is a whale and anything bigger they refer to as "senior housing") and since they're becoming the most desirable demographic I'd say Phoenix has guaranteed they'll be relevant for the coming years!

Sarz272000

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: August 2018
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: Gray
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 09:46:27 pm »
The larger TRX sofa is only 64 inches or 5’4” long.  Is there a longer option?  Too short for most people.

Ron S