• OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 9-2019
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • Slide: Yes
2003 Phoemix Cruiser owners manual
« on: October 21, 2019, 10:12:31 am »
We are new to RVing and have recently purchased an immaculate low mileage 2003 PC. I have many questions about certain operations of components and would love to obtain an owners manual. I have e-mailed and called Phoenix usa with zero results. Any suggestions appreciated.

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
Re: 2003 Phoemix Cruiser owners manual
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 10:42:54 am »
Welcome! 

We got a 2006 2350 used, and got most/all the paperwork with it. Along with the original 'Owners Manual' from PC.

I can scan any pages that might be of help. What systems/ items are you wondering about?

Whatever I dont have, I am SURE that others can help. You are in the right place.

donc13

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 10:46:01 am »
We are new to RVing and have recently purchased an immaculate low mileage 2003 PC. I have many questions about certain operations of components and would love to obtain an owners manual. I have e-mailed and called Phoenix usa with zero results. Any suggestions appreciated.

Well, I don't know what they did for a manual in 2003,but when I bought my 2015 PC, the "owner's manual" was just a group of suggestions and standard RV tips and FAQ's.  The actual how to information was all in the various component manuals that came with the PC.

So, your best information may likewise be looking up information on the various component manufacturer's websites.   For example, presuming your PC has a generator, then look up the specific model on Onan's website.  Same with the refrigerator and other components.

Don
---
Don and Patti

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • IntColor: Cherry / Beige
  • ExtColor: custom dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic stripes
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 03:07:56 pm »
I have a 2003 owners manual and all of the RV equipment manuals that came with it. PM me if you need a scanned copy or have questions about how to operate something. As Donc13 stated,  the equipment is all common RV industry standard stuff, with lots of good info available on websites like irv2 and YouTube.

The 2003 PC models are wonderfully simple to operate and maintain (K.I.S.S.) since they lack the complex sanicon macerator  system, 3-way water fill valve, inverter/ems, and thermostatically controlled air conditioner.

The owners manual isnít very in-depth, and doesnít include wiring or plumbing diagrams or schematics.
Goin' where the wind goes...

keelhauler

• View Profile
    • Our RV Page
  • PurchDate: 05/2012
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: Sunlit Maple
  • ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 04:50:04 pm »

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 07:51:37 pm »
Hi rdrcr150,

Welcome to the family of Phoenix Cruiser owners!

We bought our PC-2350 new in 2007.  The so-called "owners manual" was not detailed enough to be of any use to me.  Given our purchase back then was our first self contained RV with all the on-board systems and appliances, I felt very uncomfortable until after taking our first weekend get-away.  It is remarkable how quickly you learn when you have to.

The only things to worry about that could do any kind of damage (or death) are common sense things.  For example......

1) If you smell propane gas, first open the windows and door and then determine why.
2) The same goes for other fumes like from the furnace for example.  I nearly asphyxiated us turning on our furnace the first time.
3) When living inside it during-operation, you need the rig fairly level.  You don't have to be anal about how perfect.  If the rig is being lived-in with it terribly crooked, you could mess up the operation of the fridge and slide out.  Leaning toward the opposite side of the slide out could allow water to get into from that area, especially during a wind-driven rain storm with the rain hitting the rig just right.
4) You want to pay close attention to your house battery voltage.  When fully charged, a volt meter like the one pictured below, will read 12.7v with nothing turned on.  You'll want to charge it back up when it reads below 12.3v with nothing turned on.

5) The operations panel above your stove top integrated into the vented hood, when working right is very misleading.  Do NOT trust it at all, especially for monitoring battery health.  The cheap plug-in volt meter is so much better.  Plug it into the 12v outlet in your PC.  I assume you have one in the PC house somewhere.
6) I strongly advise NOT to learn everything over the winter where your pipes could freeze.

Everything else you will learn as you go.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

donc13

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 08:27:32 pm »
RON!

The First thing you do if you smell propane is GET OUT and  turn off the valve at the propane tank!

Period!

---
Don and Patti

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • IntColor: Cherry / Beige
  • ExtColor: custom dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic stripes
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 09:34:14 pm »
This is critical information for anyone buying a pre-owned RV, not just newbies. Be smart and  donít become a victim of asphyxiation while  sleeping.

The propane leak detector/alarm must be replaced every 5 years. Itís supposed to sound a continuous end of use alarm to let you know when itís due.

Before buying my pre-owned  2350 I made a comprehensive checklist to test and inspect all the rv systems,  but  completely forgot about propane alarm DOH !!  When I got it home I noticed the green LED on the propane alarm didnít light when I switched on the coach battery power because someone had cut a  wire on the back to silence it instead  of replacing it !!

Put fresh batteries in your smoke alarm and co2 alarm every spring if they arenít the 10 year lithium ion type.  Newer rvís have  a combination  co2 alarm and propane alarm hardwired to 12v which should also be replaced every 5 years
Goin' where the wind goes...

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 10:23:26 pm »
RON!

The First thing you do if you smell propane is GET OUT and  turn off the valve at the propane tank!

Period!
Your point is well taken.

I was making more light of it, thinking of the common mistake first time RVers make......

Someone turned on the stove and did not realize that you need a match to light it.  A first-time RV owner will create "operator error" conditions, the stove could easily be one of them.  God knows I created some O.E. conditions myself, and still do once in a great while to this day.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 07:49:43 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

stanclem

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 2019
  • ModelYear: 2004
  • IntColor: tan
  • ExtColor: white/blue
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2019, 04:58:56 pm »
I just did a new post here that I have scanned the User Manual for my 2004 2350.
The file is too large to post here but if you want a copy I can send it via Facebook messenger or email.
Just let me know if you want a copy.

rdrcr150

• ďAppear weak when you are strong, and strong when
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: 9-2019
  • Model: 2351
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2019, 12:18:55 pm »
PhoenixUSA sent me copies of everything I needed to know. I appreciate all the suggestions from members however. I think I have secured answers for all my questions...currently, but as it is with most new endeavors, the learning never ends. Thanks again for the suggestions.