• PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
Re: Back up camera options
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 02:41:26 pm »
Ok for anyone wanting to learn that has a magnadyne.   Rvcams handles their products as well as factory direct. Rvcams was much more helpful. Magnadyne no longer uses the same cable nor do they have a unit that uses a control box such as used in my PC and there is no substitute available. If I want a hard wire Iíd need to run a new cable under the motorhome, and back up thru the rear wall. Thatís more work than Iím interested in so I guess Iíll need to find a digital wireless system of which there are several available in a wide price range.

jimmer

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 5 / 2016
  • Model: 2700
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: BLUE/OFF WHITE/MAPLE
  • ExtColor: WHITE OVER BLUE
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2019, 02:53:20 pm »
Joseph,  good "sleuthing"  there to figure that all out.     Doesn't surprise me too much that it's unfortunatly out of date.  Things change quickly, and they give little to no regard to the consumer
having to replace the unit down the road.    The wireless way is quite easy to do at least.        Let us know what you come up with, many choices out there !

Joseph

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2019, 04:46:48 pm »
Jim, is yours digital?  Do you have any drop off of signal at freeway speeds? Thatís one of the most common complaints I read regarding wireless. That and that units that are not digital typically experience disruption in populated areas etc.

jimmer

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 5 / 2016
  • Model: 2700
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: BLUE/OFF WHITE/MAPLE
  • ExtColor: WHITE OVER BLUE
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2019, 09:32:06 pm »
Joseph,  as far as I can remember,  it's digital.    It's a very crisp, robust picture.  Blew me away when i hooked it up and compared to the old . Like comparing today's TV's to the old '50's sets.
No interference, that I've noticed.    On harsh, bumpy roads the picture will jump a little.  But that's about it.     Very satisfied with it. 

Joseph

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2019, 10:43:56 pm »
Thanks Jim, looks like anything noteworthy in brand runs around 300 for digital.   Looks like the best way to go I guess. Too many of the one off brands sound too good to be true and many of the reviews read like there plants.