• OwnPC: No
  • NewUsed: New
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • Slide: Yes
  • ExtColor: United States
How do you create a post to sell my PC
« on: December 08, 2019, 06:26:50 pm »
Sorry if I'm missing the obvious, where do I go to create a posting to sell my 2910T?

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: How do you create a post to sell my PC
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 12:14:28 am »
You have to work with the moderator to get it posted in the "For Sale" section.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 06:37:23 pm »
Hi again dshaffer,

If your plan is to special order a new PC with no slide outs, it might be worth calling the factory to see what they would give you trading-in your 2017 2910T.  Maybe it won't be as big of a loss as you might think.  If I were you, I would call them while advertising it on your local Craigslist and also RV Trader.  Give it a few months selling the rig on your own.  If it's a bust, at least you would know your expectations with Phoenix.

I have a hobby buying and selling niche market vehicles at a profit to pay for our vacations.  Years ago it was the Fiero & MR2, followed by the C5 Corvette, and lately the Solstice & Sky.  I sell one vehicle per year.  What always sells the vehicle is it's mechanical and cosmetic condition and my honesty concerning any little existing cosmetic flaw that I was unable to take care of for one reason or another.  I always make each vehicle 100% perfect otherwise.  Advertising the vehicle on the internet requires roughly 125 high quality pictures.  Being that I shoot for top dollar, it is my moral obligation to provide value-through-condition.  Every buyer has been extremely happy.  Many of them stay in contact with me long after their purchase.  I live near Chicago so I have a very large local market, but even with that, about 1/3 of my buyers are not from the Chicago area.

My opinion here....To sell your PC by owner, to get true market value, you really need to solve your water infiltration issues along with anything else that isn't right.  The beauty of trading it in to the factory is that it requires no effort or further investment on your part to resolve issues.  The factory will make it right before they market it.  Selling any vehicle yourself to get true market value requires more money, a whole lot of effort, and also much patience.  And in the end, you never quite get what you hoped for.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 10:54:02 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

keelhauler

• View Profile
    • Our RV Page
  • PurchDate: 05/2012
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Sunlit Maple
  • ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 09:42:10 pm »
I also recommend trading it in to PC. When I traded my 2006-2552 for a 2012-2552 they gave me $7K more than I could get for it locally. Plus I still got the standard 25% discount at that time (Now 20%). I talked to the person that bought it from PC, they had some questions about my solar array system, I asked what he paid them and it was $6K less than I got for the trade.