• OwnPC: No
  • NewUsed: New
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • Slide: Yes
  • ExtColor: United States
2910T Weight (U.V.W & W.W.V)
« on: December 09, 2019, 12:37:46 am »
I the specs for the Phoenix Cruisers it does not list U.V.W (Unloaded Vehicle Weight), The weight of the motorhome as built at the factory with full fuel, oil, coolant and LP-Gas. Also would be good to have W.W.V (Wet Weight of Vehicle). No passengers or supplies. Gas tank, fresh water tank, and LP-Gas tanks all full. Does anyone know if these weights are posted any where.

hutch42

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: Interested in the new Ford Transit Diesel models
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: New TRX
Re: 2910T Weight (U.V.W & W.W.V)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 01:43:12 am »
Our friends over at Lazy Daze ( as I am sure your aware) are one of the few RV makers that religiously publish all those numbers.

Somewhat difficult to get exacting numbers model by model and year by year as things are very fluid in terms of changes.

Hutch

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 10:34:38 am »
Model 2910T is the heaviest of PCs because of it's length and 3 slide outs.

If I owned any of the longest of PCs, I would seriously consider immediately replacing the stock "E" rated tires with the extra-load "E" rated ones.  They are available in two varieties by multiple tire manufactures.  To get the full load rating, one variety requires only 83 psi, the other requires 90 psi.  I would get the 83psi variety because the stock E450 steel wheels are rated to 80psi.  I think an extra 3psi won't be concerning.

The higher-load tires increases the capability by 600 pounds per tire.  That means the 4 rear axle tires together can handle 2400 more pounds than the stock ones from Ford.  That provides enough extra margin to prevent tire-blow-outs.

CLICK HERE to review the specs of one affordable example that I found.

An over-loaded rig is bad for many different reasons.  But address the tires and you have taken care of your worst threat.  I read on RV forums now and then, when a rear tire blows, the damage to the rig is most often very serious.  The wheel well, the RV floor, interior cabinetry, plumbing, a propane line, electrical wiring, metal brackets for the mud flaps and other things, the damage can be done to all those things.  Do yourself a big favor and do what you can to prevent a rear tire blow-out.  And if your front tires are over-loaded, upgrade them too.

Put your original 6 "E" rated tires up on Craigslist and recoup some of the expense.  At $30 per tire, that's $180 cash back.  And no tire disposal fee either.  The automotive charity I volunteer at would take good-thread used tires as a donation.  They make great tires for donated work vans with bald tires.  The charity gets much more for those vans when they don't need tires.  Let the charity determine tire value and that will be the tax write-off.....if you are still itemizing.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 11:02:13 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

dshaffer

• View Profile
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • ExtColor: United States
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 09:35:54 pm »
Thank you Ron, excellent advice on the tires; I had not heard this, but it makes sense.

donc13

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 09:29:04 pm »
Your math is off a bit, the tires you pointed out have a single rating of 3195 lbs.   The Michelin that have been used for years have a 2680 lbs rating.   A simple rounding and subtraction 3200 - 2700 = 500lbs per tire.

The ratings when used in dual configuration are lower, but should be proportional.

Again in round numbers, 4 Michelin as duals have a load capacity of 9,000 lbs or 600lbs lower than the suspension/axle itself is rated (9,600 lbs).  That could be a consideration if you are close to max axle capacity.

The Nexen's don't show their dual load rating, but I an sure it would be higher than 9,600 lbs  but in any event you should never use all the higher load carrying capacity in the tires, so you should take that into consideration.  But yes, higher load capacity in the Nexen's can be used and is an advantage.

Just remember, it is just plain unsafe to overload tires and/or the axle.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 09:41:30 pm by donc13 »
---
Don and Patti

Sarz272000

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: August 2018
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: Gray
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 11:45:51 pm »
Your math is off a bit, the tires you pointed out have a single rating of 3195 lbs.   The Michelin that have been used for years have a 2680 lbs rating.   A simple rounding and subtraction 3200 - 2700 = 500lbs per tire.

The ratings when used in dual configuration are lower, but should be proportional.

Again in round numbers, 4 Michelin as duals have a load capacity of 9,000 lbs or 600lbs lower than the suspension/axle itself is rated (9,600 lbs).  That could be a consideration if you are close to max axle capacity.

The Nexen's don't show their dual load rating, but I an sure it would be higher than 9,600 lbs  but in any event you should never use all the higher load carrying capacity in the tires, so you should take that into consideration.  But yes, higher load capacity in the Nexen's can be used and is an advantage.

Just remember, it is just plain unsafe to overload tires and/or the axle.

Thanks for the simple explanation.  I did not realize the rear tire capacity was 9000 lbs for the dual Michelinís. Is the 9000 lbs at 80 psi?

Some of the owner reported weights for PC 2-3 slides exceed the 9000lbs.  My general rule for any e-450 chassis is only one slide.  More than one slide limits capacity.  I can now add to that that 2-3 slides may also over load tires.  Yikes.  My 2551 is looking better every day. 

Ron S

donc13

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2019, 08:10:44 am »
Ron S

Yes, Michelin at 80psi cold pressure.

BTW, Michelin's newest LTX M/S  LT225/75-16 are rated a bit higher at 9,880 lbs for 4 tires when mounted as duals.
---
Don and Patti