• PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: Forum Update May 22nd @ 8am EST
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2018, 08:58:48 am »
I agree about the gray color of the text along with the white background.  It would be nice to adjust them like we did in the past.  But to be honest, I can easily live with it as-is.

What I wish they could change is when we "quote" someone else, it gets framed which is fine.  But it would be nice if the white background inside the frame was different.  At a glance I don't know if I am reading a reply or a quote inside a reply.  I get confused.

I am sure they will get that big blank white space problem resolved because it comes and goes.  The setting might revert back while fixing other things.  They just need more time on that one.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

garmp

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 3/17
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2017 2100
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Stone
  • ExtColor: Stone
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2018, 11:29:34 am »
I welcome the lighter background over the old dark one. Maybe if the type were a tad larger and/or darker ti would read better. Probably best if the background were a very light color it would ease the eye strain.
But all in all, thank you for your hard work and keeping this forum alive!
Bob, our PC, has taken us from campers to Rv'ers and loving it.

ROO

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: February 2018
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2009
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2018, 06:51:28 pm »
I recently looked at the forum page for Phoenix Cruisers for Sale by Members and was surprised to see the coach I purchased in February still listed for sale. Also, the text is yellow, virtually unreadable unless you highlight it.
Hopefully the webmaster will read this post and correct the situation. Glad to see that our website is getting some attention and a makeover. I am sure the issues raised by the membership will be corrected by the webmaster give the time and opportunity to do so.
The first five days after the weekend are the hardest!

KB9OMH

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/26/13
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Maple
  • ExtColor: Sterling
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2018, 09:46:58 am »
I got the side bar to turn on by
1: Click on User Name 2: Click on Account Setting 3:On left side of page chick on Modify Profile 4: click on Look & Layout 5: move down the page to Use Side Bar and click on box 6: click all other option you want. 7:move down to bottom right on page and click on Change Profile. done
Hope this will help
Jim

JackD

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 2017 (latest)
  • Model: 2350 Sprinter
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Greystone
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2018, 01:19:15 pm »
Agree with all in that its gratifying to know the comments are monitored, and also that the forum is kept -- it provides a great deal of good information.  I hope the few suggestions are implemented...
Jack

ron.dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #20 on: Today at 01:00:01 am »
I got the side bar to turn on by
1: Click on User Name 2: Click on Account Setting 3:On left side of page chick on Modify Profile 4: click on Look & Layout 5: move down the page to Use Side Bar and click on box 6: click all other option you want. 7:move down to bottom right on page and click on Change Profile. done
Hope this will help
Jim
Hi Jim,

Your instruction is not working for me.  I get each post below the poster's information making lots of blank space, rather than to the right of it.  I will have to wait and see if this is a system issue that they will resolve at their end.

Thanks for trying to help me.
« Last Edit: Today at 01:03:38 am by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

garmp

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/17
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2017 2100
  • IntColor: Stone
  • ExtColor: Stone
« Reply #21 on: Today at 09:35:38 am »
I also followed the instructions with no change.
Bob, our PC, has taken us from campers to Rv'ers and loving it.

Two Hams in a Can

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: December 20, 2016
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Rust
« Reply #22 on: Today at 02:38:53 pm »
Ok, I will be constructively honest.  The new software is worse, in my humble opinion, than the old forum software.  Way too much white space!  I am viewing this on my smartphone.  And the grey text on white background is difficult for us seniors (at least me and my wife) to read.  Most modern forum software gives each user the ability to modify the background/text to colors they like.   Most modern forum software also allows the user to selecr the font size also  I see no options for any of that in my profile options.

Every message now has the profile of the member who made that post at the top.  It used to be in a sidebar, thus making the actual messages spaced too far apart... with mostly white space inbetween messages.

My wife and I are just 2 voices, maybe the others here are happy, but maybe not.  How about Phoenix post a poll to see how folks like the new look?

Same here especially the gray text on a white background.  These 75 year old eyes can't read this style and trying to see the small font on an iPhone is dang near impossible.  This text color seems to be the popular thing among young web designers as I have critiqued MyFitnessPal (UnderArmor Co.) and others for the same issue.  It's hard on us old guys.

One other thing, our profile shows us owning a used 2012 PC2100.  Actually, we own a used 2012 PC2400 Sprinter.  I went to the profile change and all that was offered was 2400 Ford!  Please fix.  Thank you.   :)(:
« Last Edit: Today at 02:45:02 pm by Two Hams in a Can »
Jeff and Suzanne traveling with the Cocker Spaniel sisters, Scout & Sydney in Fawkes the Phoenix 
"What happens in vagueness stays in vagueness"