• PurchDate: November 2016
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Graystone
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1095 on: March 28, 2018, 10:59:16 pm »
specifically note on the build sheet that there were to be no holes in the outside walls for the fridge, and thatís how they built the rig
Good to know, that is how it should be.  I guess my rig was the guinea pig:)

Phoebe-rauen2910T

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: sept/2017
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Desert sand
  • ExtColor: Desert sand
« Reply #1096 on: April 03, 2018, 09:42:16 pm »
Welcome to Phoenix USA RV's Discussion Board. We think you'll find this is a nice place to hang out. Why don't you start off with a little introduction and tell us a bit about yourself?

This is my first post on the forum. My wife and I purchased a 2015 2910T last September 2017. We have camped 6 times thus far. We currently live in Dublin, OH which is a suburb of Columbus. We are now both now retired and plan to RV fulltime for the next couple years. We are working very hard at this point to sell our home and most of our household possessions. This is a daunting task, but we're making progress. We are very anxious to get our rig out of storage and hit the road. Our rig is known as Phoebe. There's a story about the name selection which was my doing and there was no turning back. All for now. Look forward to meeting fellow PC'ers.

JDeane

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03-24-2018
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Desert Sand
« Reply #1097 on: April 16, 2018, 03:03:28 pm »
Hello, Name is James & Georgiana Deane and Saturday we picked up a:
 2013 PC 3100 from Texas, It has the following Options: HWH Levelers, 15K air Conditioner, Full Body Paint, Compass Mirror, Cherry Cabinets, Premium Package and its Options, Ultra Leather, 2 Fantastic Fans and Covers,Samsung DVD Surround System, 2nd Samsung TV, Braided Tire Valve Extenders on Both Rear Wheels, LED Reading lights on Sofa, Dinette and Both Beds, Cherry Platforms Pieces at the end of both Beds and beside the Vanity in Bathroom, Atomic Clock in Living area, Convection Microwave and of course the 1800 Watt Inverter and 4K Oran Generator and Macarator.

After 2000 mile total trip we are back and everything went Great. Glad to be part of the PC Community

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 06:24:06 pm by JDeane »
James and Georgiana Deane
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 3100

Free2RV

• Gary and Susie
    • View Profile
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 11, 2018
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • IntColor: Nightscape (Cherry)
  • ExtColor: Graystone (FBP)
« Reply #1098 on: April 16, 2018, 04:09:58 pm »
Hello, Name is James & Georgia Deane and Saturday we picked up a:
 2013 PC 3100 from Texas, It has the following Options: HWH Levelers, 15K air Conditioner, Full Body Paint, Compass Mirror, Cherry Cabinets, Premium Package and its Options, Ultra Leather, 2 Fantastic Fans and Covers,Samsung DVD Surround System, 2nd Samsung TV, Braided Tire Valve Extenders on Both Rear Wheels, LED Reading lights on Sofa, Dinette and Both Beds, Cherry Platforms Pieces at the end of both Beds and beside the Vanity in Bathroom, Atomic Clock in Living area, Convection Microwave and of course the 1800 Watt Inverter and 4K Oran Generator and Macarator.

After 2000 mile total trip we are back and everything went Great. Glad to be part of the PC Community

Welcome, a beautiful coach for sure! Congrats!
We have a 3100 being build right now. It was the layout that best fit our needs. Love the layout and all the storage. You're gonna love it.

shadow

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3-10-18
  • Model: None
  • ModelYear: 2001
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Blue
  • ExtColor: White/Blue
« Reply #1099 on: June 04, 2018, 05:27:53 am »
New guy from Idaho.

A little over three months ago I bought a 2001 Phoenix Cruiser 2300B. It has just a little over 28000 miles on it, and runs great.
I have sense been in the process of doing the neglected maintenance that a lot of rv`s suffer from, like resealing the roof, replacing broken
plumbing vents, and one roof vent cover. I also had to bleach and sanitize the water system several times to get it clean.

I still have more to do, but its getting there, one weekend at a time.

shadow.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #1100 on: June 04, 2018, 07:28:18 am »
Welcome to all recent family members!  I enjoyed reading your stories.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

SEAYALL

• SEAYALL
    • View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
« Reply #1101 on: June 07, 2018, 03:44:42 pm »
So new to forum, not. PC owner at this point, been watching forum, have talk an priced with Earl when at Perry, Ga this year.. we had a 43í charleston prior to now.. so correct me if iím Wrong, but wouldnít it be better if first post one reads is the latest posted...  instead of oldest first ? Or do I not know how to work it yet..   so main worry now is will two AC keep me cool in hottest of weather? Iím gathering that this type of MH canít be insulated like the big boys ? How many owners went with liquid springs? And some thoughts on it, an other nite I read post after post about lighting, is there still an issue with new ones ? So maybe someone can throw me on bone on issues
Thank you.

bftownes

• View Profile
    • The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #1102 on: June 09, 2018, 08:05:05 am »
So new to forum, not. PC owner at this point, been watching forum, have talk an priced with Earl when at Perry, Ga this year.. we had a 43í charleston prior to now.. so correct me if iím Wrong, but wouldnít it be better if first post one reads is the latest posted...  instead of oldest first ? Or do I not know how to work it yet..   so main worry now is will two AC keep me cool in hottest of weather? Iím gathering that this type of MH canít be insulated like the big boys ? How many owners went with liquid springs? And some thoughts on it, an other nite I read post after post about lighting, is there still an issue with new ones ? So maybe someone can throw me on bone on issues
Thank you.

We have ordered a 3100.  I did a lot of research on Liquid Spring, but decided not to add this option. LS can be added later.  I wanted to experience the ride with a stock chassis, then decide if any modifications are needed/desired.  Being a PC newbie, that's about all I can offer you.  BTW, I take an annual motorcycle to Florida every September.  I always stop at the Holiday Inn Express there in LaGrange (from Crossville, TN).  Wife and I just spent her birthday at Calloway Gardens.  Oh, we also just sold our 40' Monaco Dipomat LE to downsize.  Had it for 17 years, but so ready for something smaller and fewer systems to maintain.  I think I'm gonna miss the ease of fueling at the truck islands.  Good luck on your decision.

Barry T
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 10:27:40 am by bftownes »

jatrax

• John and Carrie
    • View Profile
    • Zigzag Mountain Art
« Reply #1103 on: June 09, 2018, 10:41:51 am »
Iím gathering that this type of MH canít be insulated like the big boys ? How many owners went with liquid springs? And some thoughts on it, an other nite I read post after post about lighting, is there still an issue with new ones ?
Welcome SEAYALL!
May I suggest you post questions in a new thread?  This thread is already very long and not everyone reads it.  Asking a question in the general discussion section is usually the best way to get multiple answers.
Not sure about the insulation but I think it is 1.25" foam.  Which might or might not be the same as the "big boys".

My 2017 has all LED lights and I find them good enough.  Some light threads have been about changing out older lights, some threads from folks who find the current ones too bright.  I wish there was a way to add a dimmer to them but other than that I would much rather have too bright than too dim.

Best,
John

BillG

• View Profile
  • Model: 2100
« Reply #1104 on: June 21, 2018, 01:03:13 pm »
We're hoping to buy a Phoenix Cruiser this year.  Looking for advice and info.

TheLuvShack

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 2016
  • ModelYear: 2012
« Reply #1105 on: June 21, 2018, 01:23:38 pm »
Welcome BILLG.
Lots of good info and help on this website. Try the search feature to help answer your questions. If you post a little more info, you'll get more responses.
How will you use your PC. Weekend trips? Snow birding? Full timing? Boondocking?
What models are you interested in?
Traveling solo, couple, kids or pets?

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #1106 on: June 21, 2018, 06:16:28 pm »
TheLuvShack makes some good points.  Because PCs are built 21 to 31 feet, they offer a flavor of plus's and minus's pending your travel style, duration, agility requirements, and who comes along such as kids and/or pets.

For example, my wife and I travel together, just the two of us for 3 to 4 weeks at a time.  We love national parks & monuments, and other public lands, so agility and boon-docking are higher priorities for us.  We also take full advantage of Walmart's hospitality along with rest areas.  We do our best to avoid RV parks.  At our destinations, we are always out and about in our tow vehicle with exception to terribly rainy days.  Our 2350 fits our travel style perfectly.

Other people have other travel styles determining the type of PC that meets their needs best.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

dave.chatfield

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: Jan 2018
  • Model: 2551
  • IntColor: browns/beige/cherry
  • ExtColor: Lower body gray
« Reply #1107 on: June 23, 2018, 04:31:41 pm »
Hello, everyone. 

I feel kind of like a "lurker" in that I've belonged to the forum for more than a year, but only bought the PC in January.  Found it online.  Call me crazy, but I flew clear to South Carolina to get it and drive home to SW Utah.   Although I wanted a 2350, this 2551 was the right condition for the year and the right price.  I had a class B conversion van a couple of years ago which was a good start but a little small, and after researching many manufacturers, etc. and reading all of your input about the Phoenix, I decided this was it! 

Thanks everybody for sharing all your insights about your Phoenix Cruiser; so far I'm happy!

Sincerely,
Dave Chatfield

jatrax

• John and Carrie
    • View Profile
    • Zigzag Mountain Art
« Reply #1108 on: June 25, 2018, 08:44:17 pm »
Welcome BillG!  Best way to get questions answered is to ask in new post so we can follow along and answer.  As Ron says there are lots of sizes to choose from so a little info on what you are looking for will help.

Welcome Dave Chatfield!  Not crazy at all, we flew from Oregon to Indiana and drove our new coach back home.  Glad to have you out of the 'lurker' stage. :)

ExStarlifter

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: June 2018
  • Model: 2910
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Sandstone
« Reply #1109 on: June 26, 2018, 05:06:46 am »
Howdy!

Mike and Cindy here - long time Tiffin owners (with a couple of Winnebagos thrown in).  We live in the Memphis, TN area and just took delivery of our new 2910D.  While we loved our Tiffin 36LA, it was time to downsize and after a winter trip to Phoenix (late JAN on a few snowy days) we ordered on the spot.  We just picked up our unit last week.  We are very fortunate to have covered and heated storage where we live (wish I had thought of that - it's full or RVs and Airstream travel trailers ALL THE TIME).  Glad to be here and love all the help I can get from other owners! If you live in this area and are considering a Phoenix Cruiser, we'd be happy to show you ours.

Mike