• Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Graystone with Hickory
  • ExtColor: Nightscape
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1185 on: April 28, 2019, 04:52:01 pm »
Welcome Junior & B!

Congratulations on all these big life events you are experiencing!  We are also new PC owners having taken delivery of our 2552 in March.  We have found this forum to be very welcoming with tons of good information.  Be sure to post a picture of your new rig when you take delivery.  Happy Travels!

Gary & Kristy

Will do. Thanks for the welcome.
LLAP

Junior & B

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 04/2019
« Reply #1186 on: April 28, 2019, 04:53:05 pm »
Welcome Junior & B
Welcome.  This is a great place to be. Safe travels.
Ron S

Much appreciated.
LLAP

kay

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 9/2018
  • Model: 2700
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: grey
  • ExtColor: silver
« Reply #1187 on: April 30, 2019, 05:57:35 pm »

Hello All!
 I have been reading everyone's posts for quite a while but only recently joined up in the forum.  We have a PC 2700DS...I think there were just a few made as Carol said there was more demand for the 29ft than the 27ft so they discontinued it.  But the  27ft with the two slides has served us quite well on both long and short trips. Anyway, it is a great coach, beautiful and in good condition. We will be selling it if I can ever figure out how to post it on the FSBO portion of this forum. In the meantime, keep all the helpful hints and jokes coming....I have become addicted...so while I might have to give up our coach, I will probably never be able to give up this forum and the nice folks who post here. Happy Trails!

Billy and Kay in Centre AL

DicknPat

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • PurchDate: None
  • Model: None
  • ModelYear: None
  • Slide: No
« Reply #1188 on: May 20, 2019, 08:19:03 pm »
 H-E-L-L-O. We just joined the forum a few days ago.  Dick & Pat from Fort Dodge Iowa. Currently we own a Thor Challenger Class A, but have made a commitment to downsize to something more sensible for us. The Phoenix Cruiser, at least from Internet research, appears to be a sensible choice. If our travel plans work out, a stop in Elkhart for a personal visit this summer is in order.

I made a post several days ago posing some questions, and was very pleased with all the nice responses and answers to those questions. Looking forward to the near future and perhaps becoming PC owners  woot
Dick & Pat Swanstrom
Fort Dodge Iowa
P C Wannabes

Junior & B

• View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: May 24, 2019, 10:11:58 pm »
H-E-L-L-O . We just joined the forum a few days ago.  Dick & Pat from Fort Dodge Iowa. Currently we own a Thor Challenger Class A, but have made a commitment to downsize to something more sensible for us. The Phoenix Cruiser, at least from Internet research, appears to be a sensible choice. If our travel plans work out, a stop in Elkhart for a personal visit this summer is in order.

I made a post several days ago posing some questions, and was very pleased with all the nice responses and answers to those questions. Looking forward to the near future and perhaps becoming PC owners  woot

Welcome Dick & Pat. We are new to RVing and did a lot of research on a number of forums. This forum would always strike me as particularly useful, the people and their responses perticularly detailed and friendly, and I became a serial lurker. One particularly useful advise was to visit the factory. We did and were able to see the sausage being made - so to speak. A month or so later we took delivery. A few other owners have similar stories, so it might be a thing. Good luck on your journey.
LLAP

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • IntColor: Beige / Maple
  • ExtColor: custom dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic stripes
« Reply #1190 on: May 25, 2019, 05:18:39 pm »
Great choice Junior and B  2o2
Congrats, welcome aboard , and  :)(: to new  adventures !!

A 2350 really is the “Goldilocks” RV, not too big and not too small.  One of these (the queen size) will make it  even better  (nod) (nod) http://www.rvsuperbag.com/Standard-QueenSuperbag/productinfo/RVQ/

Enjoy !!
Just Truckin' Around

pinot

• View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: May 29, 2019, 03:31:44 pm »
Recently retired and looking to move up from the VW Westphalia we have camped from for 30 years.  We have been shopping for a few months and have pretty much settled on getting a 2350, hopefully a fairly new used one in good shape.  As first time owners of a motor home we are a bit concerned about ground clearance and access to rougher camp sites so we are considering a 4x4, either with the factory Quigley or an after-market conversion by a shop in Portland.  Any thoughts on the benefits (and downsides) of the extra clearance and usefulness of 4x4 would be appreciated.  And of course any leads on a 2350 for sale would be nice.  We have the cash and can travel to pick it up.

This is a great forum......have really learned a lot following it for a few months.

David

Junior & B

• View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: May 29, 2019, 04:22:47 pm »

A 2350 really is the “Goldilocks” RV, not too big and not too small.  One of these (the queen size) will make it  even better  (nod) (nod) http://www.rvsuperbag.com/Standard-QueenSuperbag/productinfo/RVQ/

Enjoy !!
Thanks for the recommendation CalCruiser. One question: Why the queen size and not the full?
LLAP

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #1193 on: May 30, 2019, 07:49:14 am »
Pinot, if you go with the 4x4 you may also need to switch out to the double entry step as the single will likely be too high. Just something to keep in mind.

Now that John is (somewhat) willing to go into BLM and National Forest dispersed sites, I'm wishing we had the 4x4. There are quite a few roads we just won't go down with the Phoenix but, then again, there are quite a few that are perfectly fine.
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • IntColor: Beige / Maple
  • ExtColor: custom dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic stripes
« Reply #1194 on: May 30, 2019, 01:57:12 pm »

Enjoy !!
Thanks for the recommendation CalCruiser. One question: Why the queen size and not the full?
The queen size leaves a little extra on bottom to tuck in, but enough on top for two to comfortably share without anyone feeling short-changed 😁😁
Just unroll and unfold it on top of your quilt or mattress cover,  unzip both sides, and tuck in the bottom half just enough to keep it in place and away from the heater duct.
I  recommend getting the RVQ queen with a bag  instead of the skirted bedspread type, so that the comforter is the same overall width as the sheets.
Just Truckin' Around

Junior & B

• View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: May 30, 2019, 05:00:07 pm »

Enjoy !!
The queen size leaves a little extra on bottom to tuck in, but enough on top for two to comfortably share without anyone feeling short-changed 😁😁
Just unroll and unfold it on top of your quilt or mattress cover,  unzip both sides, and tuck in the bottom half just enough to keep it in place and away from the heater duct.
I  recommend getting the RVQ queen with a bag  instead of the skirted bedspread type, so that the comforter is the same overall width as the sheets.
Makes sense. Thanks again CalCruiser.
LLAP

biglegmax

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: ordered a 2017, got a 2018
  • ModelYear: 2018 2350 e450 4x4
  • IntColor: lots
  • ExtColor: white,no paint,or decals
« Reply #1196 on: June 06, 2019, 06:49:08 pm »
Pinot,

Congrats on retirement!
 We have a 2350 quigley, here in Oregon. We looked a long time to find a used one, never did so ordered new. We have done many aftermarket modifications, and currently have about 17 k miles on it in the first 18 months or so. If you would like to take a look and discuss our experience let me know.

Good luck,
Doug

pinot

• View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 07, 2019, 05:50:33 pm »
Thanks Doug.  I will take you up on that.  We are close to buying a used 2350 or 2351, and may do the 4x4 mod on it, but very interested in your other changes and experience.

David

Jerry brown

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: June 2, 2019
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2016
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #1198 on: June 16, 2019, 11:24:49 am »
Hello - we are new to the PC forum have just picked up our new to us 2016 2910D 3 weeks ago. I grew up RVing with my dad & mom over 50 years ago. However this  is my first MH and so far so good. My initiation was driving I 10 from mobile back to Austin.  Between the rain, and road construction I really got to appreciate the PC handling and maneuverability. We head up North to the Adirondack s to escape the TX heat in 2 weeks and will be adding a tow Dolly and VW sport wagon to the mix. Not sure how I feel about the Dolly and if / when I upgrade the toad I will seriously consider something we can flat tow.

I am pretty comfortable towing a cargo trailer behind our SUV but have yet to check out the dolly on trip. My biggest concern is easy in and out access as you can really back up the dolly.

I appreciate all the info on the forum as the manuals that came with the RV leave a lot to the imagination.

We look forward to many happy miles with the  pc. We did note the PO had to repair the forward slide out as it hung up and damaged the floor - is this a common problem? And any recommendation for preventative maintenance?

Thanks for all the information.  Jerry and Nadene