• NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: July 2019
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2004
  • Slide: Yes
  • ExtColor: White /blue swirls
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1200 on: July 22, 2019, 08:30:20 pm »
 Well, I have been lurking on this forum for about a yr. Earlier this month I joined so I could  contact TNCANUCK. 
     A cpl yrs ago we bought an OLD 1991 Tioga Montana to see if we would like RVing. Well we loved it but  owning a old, had been parked rubber roofed rv with a overcab bed helped me learn what we didnít want.  On this and many other forums I read so many posts by Ron Dittmer that we decided to start looking for a PC. They are not easy to come by on the west coast.
    So, almost 1 week ago we rented a car to drive to Tennessee to meet Vandor. TNCANUCKís rv.  It was love at first site. Scott and I smiled all the way to Caniz today and will continue to smile all the way back to the west coast. Itís hard to believe how solid this 2004 2350 is. The size is the perfect fit for us and our German shepherd. Compact but with everything we need.
Happy to meet you all

mikeh

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #1201 on: July 22, 2019, 10:31:50 pm »
Hi, Cathy and Scott--nice to meet you!

Congratulations on acquiring Vandor!  It's always great to see a much-loved PC transition to new owners who will continue the love and care!

I know that John and Cheryl made a lot of updates on Vandor while they owned it--you were lucky to be able to secure such a pampered coach.

Keep us apprised on how Vandor adapts to California!

All the best,        Mike

faiello

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 07/2019
  • IntColor: Graystone/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Graystone
« Reply #1202 on: August 03, 2019, 12:28:15 pm »
Frank & Beth first timers picking up our brand new 2019 PC 2552 on August 9th from Campers Inn in Kingston NH. Still working so limited travel for a few years but hope to be experts before we venture out to see the beautiful USA.
Frank & Beth

Jerry brown

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: June 2, 2019
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2016
« Reply #1203 on: August 07, 2019, 04:59:21 pm »
Thanks - tow dolly worked great aside from the general hassle with hooking up. The F450 really handled the hills well and 70 - 75 mph seems like a sweet spot - pretty impressive.

Thinking about going 4 down for the next trip. Has anyone tried towing a Ford F-150. The ford 4x4 seems to be ideal for flat towing. Also looking at the ranger and a Jeep.  but would prefer a PU.

Thanks - I am truly impressed with how the 2910 handles.

Jerry

Engineerlt

• A Little Project
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: Aug, 2019
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Hickory
« Reply #1204 on: September 10, 2019, 06:11:11 am »
Hello Everyone!
I just purchased a 2017 2552 which I believe may have been Ron-N-Toni's (member on PC forum).  The PC is extended 6 inches , 2016 rear cap with spare, a houghton air conditioner, thermo windows, switch on the dash to chose between chassis and house batteries for the radio etc. Its a nice coach. If anyone knows how to contact Ron I would like to get the history behind this coach. This is my first PC I have been looking at them for awhile, it was between this and the Travel Leasure Unity (which just seemed to small). Currently very happy with the PC still haven't taken a real vacation in it but planning to do something in the near future. Look forward to learning about this coach on the forum.

Just a little about me, a retired Coast Guard member with 30 years of service, then worked in the offshore oil industry.  Currently just relaxing and working on the house, enjoying my time with wife and dog. I wish everyone well and hope they are enjoying there coaches.

Very Respectfully
Lance

mikeh

• View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: September 10, 2019, 09:38:05 am »
Hi Lance!

Welcome to the forum from another first-time PC (and RV) owner-retiree from the federal government!
I've had my 2552 for about seven months now, and have managed to put a little over 5000 miles on it in a couple of trips--currently sitting in northwest Wisconsin and enjoying the heck out of the beautiful scenery and the weather!
I am absolutely sure that you and your wife are going to love that PC.  I've read a lot from Ron-N-Toni over the past 3-4 years on the forum.  They are experienced RV'ers and were really focused on maintaining and improving their coach--you undoubtedly got a great unit!
Run up the flag for any questions or issues that the forum might help with.  There are a lot of great folks here and collectively a lot of experience with RVing and PCs in particular.  Everyone welcomes an opportunity to answer a question or help out with an issue.
Keep us advised of progress, and let us know how things work out when you and your wife hit the road!

All the best,         Mike

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #1206 on: September 10, 2019, 10:07:51 am »
It is great to see new PC owners joining this forum.
Welcome to all new members!
 (w)
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

TheLuvShack

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 2016
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2012
« Reply #1207 on: September 10, 2019, 03:35:26 pm »
You can pull up all of Ron-N-Toni posts on this forum by doing a search. Might give you a look at previous enhancements or problems with the coach. Good luck!

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #1208 on: September 11, 2019, 04:59:03 am »
If anyone knows how to contact Ron I would like to get the history behind this coach. . Look forward to learning about this coach on the forum.

Hi Lance!   

St Pete native here, now I am on the east end of HWY 60.  hithere

If you want to see all Ron-n-toni's posts, here is the link - https://www.phoenixusarv.com/community/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2894

custerhank

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: Sept/2019
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Brown
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #1209 on: September 19, 2019, 10:32:21 pm »
  We are Hank and Joyce Whitney from Custer SD (The Black Hills, 15 miles south of Mt Rushmore). We purchased a 2017 2910D on Sept 10th in Texas and drove it home 1,000 miles. We have downsized from a 42' diesel pusher we full-timed in for 6 years and had a total of 15 years. We are already enjoying the "smaller" lifestyle and the PC tows our 2012 Honda CRV very easily. We have 2 quick questions and then I will revert to the "regular" Forum for any others.

1. I need to winterize. Water drain valves - I found them under the bedroom vanity behind the access door. We have rv'd since 1971 but this time I cannot read which silver handles do what (are they really labeled?). I am assuming a water heater bypass, a water heater drain and a fresh water drain. But I turn them and nothing happens..nothing drains. Can someone tell me which is which and why at least one or two is not draining the water? The owners manual does not explain.

2. This PC has the standard 13,500 AC, supposedly with a heat strip. But the thermostat only shows AC and furnace. I called PC Service a couple days ago but their tech has been outy and nobody else can help. The AC manual suggests it might be a dip switch problem but I do not even know where they are..inside or up top.

Thanks,

Hank Whitney
2017 2910D Prod #3396

Grandpa17

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: September 2020
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2351D 2020
« Reply #1210 on: September 23, 2019, 09:31:55 am »
We're taking delivery of a 2020, 2351D from Elkhart tomorrow.    To give our history... over the past 43 years my wife and I have owned 10 RV's and 9 motorhomes.  Everything from Class-C's, to diesel pushers, to Super-C's on the Freightliner M2 chassis, to B+'s on the Mercedes chassis.  When we sold our Jayco Seneca in December I thought we were finally finished with motorhomes.    However, after a few months I decided we at least needed a small one to take short trips in and to get my wife and I and our two dogs from point A to point B in more comfort than a car.  So I set out to find the perfect compact motorhome for us.  I had looked at all of the production units, including two on the Mercedes chassis that we had previously owned.  In fact, I was all set to buy a big-name B+ until I drove 3 hours and saw one in person.  Even though we had previously owned this brand and model I was amazed at the shoddy workmanship and just downright cheap appearance to it.   It had an all-white plastic laminated counter top (which felt extremely cheap) and what really unsold me on it was when you shut the coach door the entire wall shook.   So after looking for months at all the brands I was familiar with I decided to dig deeper and look at some lesser known brands.  Long story short, I came across Phoenix Cruiser.  Like some of you recently I had a little trouble getting hold of someone, but finally got in touch with Bob White.    Bob has been very responsive and very helpful, yet low pressure.   Although PC is a very small company what really sold me on PC was the factory tour Bob gave me.  I have taken many factory tours and what really impressed me with PC was the pace that the people worked at.  Being in manufacturing myself I could tell that the workers put more emphasis on building it right rather than building it fast.   In most RV factories the entire emphasis is on cranking them out as fast as possible.  It even seems that their attitude is "let the customer find the problems".

In some ways PC seems a little old fashioned compared to the big brands, but I'll take good old fashioned quality every time!  I look forward to a great experience with PC and to contributing to this group.  P.S.  I know some people have been wondering is lLquidSprings are worth the cost, I'll give you my opinion in another post...

Sarz272000

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: August 2018
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: Gray
« Reply #1211 on: September 23, 2019, 09:43:12 am »
Grandpa17
Welcome to PC!  The 2351D is a new model.  Seems like a design that appeals to many.  I like the queen bed option although wish is was longer.  I am curious on how it handles and how you like the layout. Please update us when you gain more experience with it.

Ron S

mikeh

• View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: September 23, 2019, 11:11:06 am »
Hello Grandpa17 (and Wife)!

It's always great to welcome a new owner to the forum.  But it's especially great for our group to gain the exceptional range of experience that you folks obviously bring with you.  We look forward to tapping into that experience on many issues.  We already know that you are a discerning evaluator of motor homes--you saw the quality and value in the PC's that brought most of us to this gathering!

Seriously, welcome to the forum!  I know you will enjoy the 2351D, and we're looking forward to your thoughts as we go.

All the best,      Mike

marshe52

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: September 2019
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2014
  • IntColor: Yellow with light oak
  • ExtColor: brown on white
« Reply #1213 on: October 10, 2019, 09:48:38 am »
Hello to the forum from N.E Florida!
My wife and I are brand new to the RV world.
After searching web sites for information and reviews of various coaches we settled on a  2014 2351 PC. Bought on September 27, 2019.
The coach is very clean and well cared for as far as we can tell. It came with a box of all the original owner manuals and paper work and manuals and information on any up grades.
Our plan is to make short trips around Florida while getting our feet wet and branching further away from home as we become more comfortable and experienced.
Three years from now, when we reach retirement, we hope to do some long term traveling with our coach.

I have one question about leaving the coach hooked up to 120V house power while park at home. Is this recommended or a good idea.

Thank you,

marshe52

GA Steve

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • PurchDate: Looking for 2552
« Reply #1214 on: October 10, 2019, 05:29:49 pm »
Welcome to the P.C. crowd, Marshe52!

The key to whether you can leave it hooked up is whether you have a single stage or 3/4 stage converter.

A single stage WILL cook your batteries over time (boil the water/acid out).  A Multi stage will drop down to a trickle charger type voltage which will be safe to keep connected. 

On a used unit, the converter may not be the original, so the best bet is to get the information off it and look it up.  That will answer many questions.

Hope that helps.  Keep the questions coming....