• NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: July 2019
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2004
  • Slide: Yes
  • ExtColor: White /blue swirls
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1200 on: July 22, 2019, 08:30:20 pm »
 Well, I have been lurking on this forum for about a yr. Earlier this month I joined so I could  contact TNCANUCK. 
     A cpl yrs ago we bought an OLD 1991 Tioga Montana to see if we would like RVing. Well we loved it but  owning a old, had been parked rubber roofed rv with a overcab bed helped me learn what we didnít want.  On this and many other forums I read so many posts by Ron Dittmer that we decided to start looking for a PC. They are not easy to come by on the west coast.
    So, almost 1 week ago we rented a car to drive to Tennessee to meet Vandor. TNCANUCKís rv.  It was love at first site. Scott and I smiled all the way to Caniz today and will continue to smile all the way back to the west coast. Itís hard to believe how solid this 2004 2350 is. The size is the perfect fit for us and our German shepherd. Compact but with everything we need.
Happy to meet you all

mikeh

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #1201 on: July 22, 2019, 10:31:50 pm »
Hi, Cathy and Scott--nice to meet you!

Congratulations on acquiring Vandor!  It's always great to see a much-loved PC transition to new owners who will continue the love and care!

I know that John and Cheryl made a lot of updates on Vandor while they owned it--you were lucky to be able to secure such a pampered coach.

Keep us apprised on how Vandor adapts to California!

All the best,        Mike

faiello

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 07/2019
  • IntColor: Graystone/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Graystone
« Reply #1202 on: August 03, 2019, 12:28:15 pm »
Frank & Beth first timers picking up our brand new 2019 PC 2552 on August 9th from Campers Inn in Kingston NH. Still working so limited travel for a few years but hope to be experts before we venture out to see the beautiful USA.
Frank & Beth

Jerry brown

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: June 2, 2019
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2016
« Reply #1203 on: August 07, 2019, 04:59:21 pm »
Thanks - tow dolly worked great aside from the general hassle with hooking up. The F450 really handled the hills well and 70 - 75 mph seems like a sweet spot - pretty impressive.

Thinking about going 4 down for the next trip. Has anyone tried towing a Ford F-150. The ford 4x4 seems to be ideal for flat towing. Also looking at the ranger and a Jeep.  but would prefer a PU.

Thanks - I am truly impressed with how the 2910 handles.

Jerry

Engineerlt

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: Aug, 2019
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Hickory
« Reply #1204 on: September 10, 2019, 06:11:11 am »
Hello Everyone!
I just purchased a 2017 2552 which I believe may have been Ron-N-Toni's (member on PC forum).  The PC is extended 6 inches , 2016 rear cap with spare, a houghton air conditioner, thermo windows, switch on the dash to chose between chassis and house batteries for the radio etc. Its a nice coach. If anyone knows how to contact Ron I would like to get the history behind this coach. This is my first PC I have been looking at them for awhile, it was between this and the Travel Leasure Unity (which just seemed to small). Currently very happy with the PC still haven't taken a real vacation in it but planning to do something in the near future. Look forward to learning about this coach on the forum.

Just a little about me, a retired Coast Guard member with 30 years of service, then worked in the offshore oil industry.  Currently just relaxing and working on the house, enjoying my time with wife and dog. I wish everyone well and hope they are enjoying there coaches.

Very Respectfully
Lance

mikeh

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
« Reply #1205 on: September 10, 2019, 09:38:05 am »
Hi Lance!

Welcome to the forum from another first-time PC (and RV) owner-retiree from the federal government!
I've had my 2552 for about seven months now, and have managed to put a little over 5000 miles on it in a couple of trips--currently sitting in northwest Wisconsin and enjoying the heck out of the beautiful scenery and the weather!
I am absolutely sure that you and your wife are going to love that PC.  I've read a lot from Ron-N-Toni over the past 3-4 years on the forum.  They are experienced RV'ers and were really focused on maintaining and improving their coach--you undoubtedly got a great unit!
Run up the flag for any questions or issues that the forum might help with.  There are a lot of great folks here and collectively a lot of experience with RVing and PCs in particular.  Everyone welcomes an opportunity to answer a question or help out with an issue.
Keep us advised of progress, and let us know how things work out when you and your wife hit the road!

All the best,         Mike

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #1206 on: September 10, 2019, 10:07:51 am »
It is great to see new PC owners joining this forum.
Welcome to all new members!
 (w)
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

TheLuvShack

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 2016
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2012
« Reply #1207 on: September 10, 2019, 03:35:26 pm »
You can pull up all of Ron-N-Toni posts on this forum by doing a search. Might give you a look at previous enhancements or problems with the coach. Good luck!

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #1208 on: September 11, 2019, 04:59:03 am »
If anyone knows how to contact Ron I would like to get the history behind this coach. . Look forward to learning about this coach on the forum.

Hi Lance!   

St Pete native here, now I am on the east end of HWY 60.  hithere

If you want to see all Ron-n-toni's posts, here is the link - https://www.phoenixusarv.com/community/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2894

custerhank

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • Model: 2100
« Reply #1209 on: September 19, 2019, 10:32:21 pm »
  We are Hank and Joyce Whitney from Custer SD (The Black Hills, 15 miles south of Mt Rushmore). We purchased a 2017 2910D on Sept 10th in Texas and drove it home 1,000 miles. We have downsized from a 42' diesel pusher we full-timed in for 6 years and had a total of 15 years. We are already enjoying the "smaller" lifestyle and the PC tows our 2012 Honda CRV very easily. We have 2 quick questions and then I will revert to the "regular" Forum for any others.

1. I need to winterize. Water drain valves - I found them under the bedroom vanity behind the access door. We have rv'd since 1971 but this time I cannot read which silver handles do what (are they really labeled?). I am assuming a water heater bypass, a water heater drain and a fresh water drain. But I turn them and nothing happens..nothing drains. Can someone tell me which is which and why at least one or two is not draining the water? The owners manual does not explain.

2. This PC has the standard 13,500 AC, supposedly with a heat strip. But the thermostat only shows AC and furnace. I called PC Service a couple days ago but their tech has been outy and nobody else can help. The AC manual suggests it might be a dip switch problem but I do not even know where they are..inside or up top.

Thanks,

Hank Whitney
2017 2910D Prod #3396