• Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1230 on: December 16, 2019, 10:09:53 pm »
Ron,

Do you notice the LED strips getting hot if the light is left on for 30 minutes or longer?
I drilled several 1/8" holes in the lens cover on the one we use most to allow for some air flow and will see how it goes.

Stan
No I did not notice excessive heat being generated from our converted LED light fixtures.

Most of our fixtures have two of three circuits activated (16 active) as shown because full light strips were too bright.

The lights over our 2350 bed didn't need to be as bright because they are mounted under the cabinets closer to the bed, so I shut down every other circuit (12 active) as shown here.  When I was all finished, I wondered if I should have done the same to all the other fixtures, primary to further reduce our power consumption.  But I wonder as we get older, we might appreciate the brighter lighting we have today.

It did not take long before the self-adhesive backing on the LEDs did not hold the strips to the base so I added a dab of silicone on each end to prevent them from peeling off.  That worked perfectly.  But your comment concerning heat has me wondering if mine run hot too which started the peeling.  I recall the first year checking with my hand for excessive heat, but I felt the lens, not the base where the LEDs are adhered to.

Do you have every circuit activated?
Or do you have two of three circuits activated?
Or do you have every other circuit activated?
Or do you have even fewer circuits activated?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 10:15:26 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

sierra1

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • NewUsed: New
  • Model: 2100
  • Slide: Yes
« Reply #1231 on: January 27, 2020, 04:39:51 pm »
Hello,
My name is Rich and I'm from the SF bay area.  At this time I do not own an RV but hope to someday in the not to distant future.  Right now I think it's coming down to a toss up between a Bigfoot 25 ft trailer or PC, we do like the 2552.  Weighing the pros and cons of each.  Came across this forum and have also watched several YouTube videos.  Joined up to learn directly from owners what they like/dislike and the type of trips they take. So please chime in.  Let me know your how your PC ownership has been.  Also interested in any comments about traveling with pets (2 cats) and equipping the PC to carry a grandchild safely in a car seat.  Thanks     

mikeh

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #1232 on: January 27, 2020, 05:28:05 pm »
Welcome Rich!

Glad to have you.  One suggestion is that there are years of advice on this forum--you can access a tremendous amount of information rapidly by reviewing past posts.

If you use the "Search" function, at the top of the forum page--you can narrow down the posts to your area of interest.  Pick a key word or phrase (put the phrase in quote marks), and hit search--you'll usually get a listing of many message strings that bear on your interest.  I'm sure you will get current feedback from members, but while you wait you can access a lot of info that's already filed away.

Again, welcome, and all the best.         Mike

sierra1

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • Model: 2100
« Reply #1233 on: January 30, 2020, 10:27:37 am »
Welcome Rich!

Glad to have you.  One suggestion is that there are years of advice on this forum--you can access a tremendous amount of information rapidly by reviewing past posts.

If you use the "Search" function, at the top of the forum page--you can narrow down the posts to your area of interest.  Pick a key word or phrase (put the phrase in quote marks), and hit search--you'll usually get a listing of many message strings that bear on your interest.  I'm sure you will get current feedback from members, but while you wait you can access a lot of info that's already filed away.

Again, welcome, and all the best.         Mike

Hello Mike! 
Absolutely!  I have been searching several topics and reading up.  Plus over on YT watching anything PC I can find.