Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 74   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Introduce Yourself!  (Read 223943 times)
rvrunner

Helpful Rating: 14
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: January 4, 2018
Model: 2400 Ford
Slide: Yes
IntColor: toast
ExtColor: nightscape
________

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: January 27, 2018, 05:24:23 pm »

Thanks for the invite. We should be picking up our PC not to long after we get home.

Lynn
swiftboot

Helpful Rating: 35
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 10-31-16
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2351----2015
ExtColor: Nightscape
________

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 27, 2018, 07:26:35 pm »

Lynn, welcome aboard.  You said you were down south presently, if in the central Florida area, I have a 2351 I would be pleased to show off a little.  If interested send me a PM to make arrangements.  Happy trails, Larry
CalCruiser

Helpful Rating: 18
________
PurchDate: November 2015
ModelYear: 2003
IntColor: Beige / Hickory
ExtColor: Custom paint
________

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 27, 2018, 08:04:29 pm »

Congrats & welcome!

Assuming you ordered your 2400 on the standard E350 chassis expect  11 mpg highway at 1900-2000 rpm. The larger model PC's are all built on the E450 with a numerically higher gear ratio. Even if you don't need the added carrying and towing  capacity vs the Sprinter, the relatively lightweight 2400 with a V10 will feel like a hot rod. My 2350 drives and handles so effortlessly that it's easy to forget It weighs almost 4.5 tons.

Something that doesn't get discussed much is that Ford plans to discontinue the E-series chassis by the end of the decade. Phoenix doesn't  publish  their annual production volumes, but I have read   anywhere from 55 to 100 total.

Just Truckin' Around
rvrunner

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 27, 2018, 09:12:16 pm »

Thanks Swiftboot, I'd love to see your 2551, maybe our paths will cross.

Lynn
rvrunner

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 27, 2018, 09:21:22 pm »

The E350s get the 4.56 ratio same as the E450. Earl pointed this out to me, it's new for 2017 and 18. Any build that has 72 sq. ft. of frontal area is required by Ford to have the 4.56 ratio on the 350 and 450. The new 6 speed has a 2nd overdrive which should help with the mpg. I hand it to Earl, most rv salesman don't know what a rear axle ratio is. I'm hoping to avg in the 9's, 10 would be great.

Lynn
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 321
________
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Green&Gray Cherry
ExtColor: Full Body Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1055 on: January 28, 2018, 12:49:20 am »

Hi Lynn,

We own a 2007 E350 with V10 engine, Phoenix Cruiser model 2350.  It is just a few inches shorter than model 2400.  It's wheel base is 158", not the 170" on the 2400.  Even with the differences in wheel base, rear axle ratio, and transmission, I would think the gas mileage will compare extremely closely.

I tracked our fuel economy extremely closely for a number of multi-week trips, logging in every 10th of a gallon of gas purchased and total miles driven.  We live near Chicago and most often travel for 3 to 4 weeks at a time out west, so many miles are driven across the Great Plains.  We usually tow a Jeep Liberty.

Once we went out west NOT towing our Jeep but rather drove the PC alone to Glacier NP, Seattle, Cascades, Mount Rainier, Mount Baker and more.  That trip totaled over 5000 miles.  Driving a max speed limit of 65 mph, the entire trip average was right at 10.6 mpg.  That considered every kind of driving throughout the trip, from highway to city, mountains and flats.

Similar trips taken while towing our Jeep Liberty, the average calculated at 9.2 and 9.5 mpg.

I love our PC and also our E350 that hauls it around.  We love the huge 55 gallon gas tank to support the generator for a long long time.  A few times that first 40 gallons accessible by the generator had come in very handy.

I hear the Sprinter is a very comfortable ride and so I suspect you both will have to adjust to the confinement of the E-series.  I advise to get the 6-way power driver seat which helps me with my comfort.  I adjust now and then to re-position myself to change things up to extend my driving time.  Irene and I both find the E-series just fine.  Maybe after an adjustment period, the both of you will too.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 09:00:31 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron & Irene Dittmer
tswhitewater

Helpful Rating: 16
________
PurchDate: April 2018
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2018
IntColor: desert sand/cherry
ExtColor: toast
________

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 28, 2018, 08:37:12 am »

My wife and I have ordered a 2552, which we expect to receive in April.  We're both retired, and after spending ten years traveling overseas, have decided to upsize from a Lance camper to the PC and start traveling in North America again.  Since we have no children/grandchildren to consider, we were able to configure our Cruiser to meet our needs alone.  We took the Lance camper on a 3-month trip to Canada and Alaska in 2007 and had no problems living in that confined space, so expect to enjoy the larger size of the 2552.  On our ordering trip to Elkhart, we worked with Earl to create our "own" PC.  Here's what we hope to see in April:
-- No slide.  Earl showed us a 32" dinette being built in another coach, which will only fit the two of us.
-- Without the slide, the driver's side bed will be lengthened and a pocket door installed.
-- Insulated glass, window tint, full body paint (toast), desert sand interior, cherry cabinets, wood floor, Eurochair
-- JBL sound system and surround sound with DVD player
-- Dash Pioneer system without navigation
-- Undercoating, integrated brake controller
-- 17-foot electric awning
-- MagneShades
-- Premium convenience package
-- 6-way power seat Drivers side only
-- HWH leveling jacks
-- Mirror with compass and outside temp
-- 2 solar panels
-- 50-amp electrical service with additional AC unit
-- Moved the vent/fan from the bedroom to the bathroom, added Ultra Breeze cover
-- Upgraded the front AC unit to 15K with heat pump
-- Added second Fantastic fan in the living room, upgraded to 7500 series with remote control
-- Real leather Eurochair and dinette seats
-- Surge protector -- Progressive Dynamics 9260
-- Side cameras and second rear camera (one for close-up and one for distance)
-- Porch lights on rear cap and drivers side (switches by entry door)
-- Trimetic battery monitor
-- Extra 110 outlet and 12-volt outlet over kitchen sink between the light and outside wall
-- 12-volt outlet next to the 110 outlet at dinette
-- 110 and 12-volt outlets under the overhead cabinets at the head of both beds
-- Drawer in the rear dinette bench
-- Door in the front dinette bench
-- Reversed hinge on driver's side shirt closet
-- Adjustable shelves in both shirt closets
-- Shelves over the head of both beds (15 inches wide x 8 inches deep with 1 lip)
-- No headboards
-- Corian on countertop extension
-- Backer board 6 inches wide all the way across the rear wall trunk

We are planning a 5-month trip to Canada and Alaska this summer, so are excited to be able to drive our new Phoenix Cruiser.
tswhitewater

Helpful Rating: 16
________
PurchDate: April 2018
IntColor: desert sand/cherry
ExtColor: toast
________

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 28, 2018, 09:14:24 am »

My wife and I have ordered a 2552, which we expect to receive in April.  We're both retired, and after spending ten years traveling overseas, have decided to upsize from a Lance camper to the PC and start traveling in North America again.  Since we have no children/grandchildren to consider, we were able to configure our Cruiser to meet our needs alone.  We took the Lance camper on a 3-month trip to Canada and Alaska in 2007 and had no problems living in that confined space, so expect to enjoy the larger size of the 2552.  On our ordering trip to Elkhart, we worked with Earl to create our "own" PC.  Here's what we hope to see in April:
-- No slide.  Earl showed us a 32" dinette being built in another coach, which will only fit the two of us.
-- Without the slide, the driver's side bed will be lengthened and a pocket door installed.
-- Insulated glass, window tint, full body paint (toast), desert sand interior, cherry cabinets, wood floor, Eurochair
-- JBL sound system and surround sound with DVD player
-- Dash Pioneer system without navigation
-- Undercoating, integrated brake controller
-- 17-foot electric awning
-- MagneShades
-- Premium convenience package
-- 6-way power seat Drivers side only
-- HWH leveling jacks
-- Mirror with compass and outside temp
-- 2 solar panels
-- 50-amp electrical service with additional AC unit
-- Moved the vent/fan from the bedroom to the bathroom, added Ultra Breeze cover
-- Upgraded the front AC unit to 15K with heat pump
-- Added second Fantastic fan in the living room, upgraded to 7500 series with remote control
-- Real leather Eurochair and dinette seats
-- Surge protector -- Progressive Dynamics 9260
-- Side cameras and second rear camera (one for close-up and one for distance)
-- Porch lights on rear cap and drivers side (switches by entry door)
-- Trimetic battery monitor
-- Extra 110 outlet and 12-volt outlet over kitchen sink between the light and outside wall
-- 12-volt outlet next to the 110 outlet at dinette
-- 110 and 12-volt outlets under the overhead cabinets at the head of both beds
-- Drawer in the rear dinette bench
-- Door in the front dinette bench
-- Reversed hinge on driver's side shirt closet
-- Adjustable shelves in both shirt closets
-- Shelves over the head of both beds (15 inches wide x 8 inches deep with 1 lip)
-- No headboards
-- Corian on countertop extension
-- Backer board 6 inches wide all the way across the rear wall trunk

We are planning a 5-month trip to Canada and Alaska this summer, so are excited to be able to drive our new Phoenix Cruiser.
RheaNL

Helpful Rating: 86
________
PurchDate: October 4, 2012
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Dusk
ExtColor: Dusk lower
________

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 28, 2018, 09:22:44 am »

Welcome and congratulations on your new PC.

We own a 2013 PC2100 and tracked and calculated mileage the first few years then gave up. As previously mentioned, factors such as terrain, weight, towing, and speed can make a difference. Ron mentioned the use of your fuel for the generator, but did not remind you that when calculating mileage, be sure to factor in home much you have been running the generator.

We did did a lengthy trip through western Canada and Alaska last year (from Colorado) as have many others on the forum. FABULOUS!! There are a couple threads you can go to for more information. I have a basket full of materials. If you would like any of them, PM me and I can get them in the mail. We spent over a year planning and it paid off. So, start studying while waiting for delivery of you PC.
jemcmill33

Helpful Rating: 0
________
PurchDate: 2/17
ModelYear: 2017
ExtColor: Toast
________

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 05, 2018, 06:06:03 pm »

Hi Folks, we're the McMillans, John & Brenda. We live in Richmond, VA.

We ordered our Phoenix Cruiser 2552 last February at the Ft. Myers RV show and picked it up at the factory that same month. We downsized from a Monaco Diplomat and love our PC. It is the size we were looking for and had the amenities that we needed. Right off the bat I would like to say that I enjoy reading all the posts in the forum and have learned a lot about our PC.

John
jatrax
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 118
________
PurchDate: November 2016
IntColor: Graystone
ExtColor: Graystone
________

John and Carrie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1060 on: February 05, 2018, 07:12:19 pm »

Welcome John and Brenda!

RVCamping

Helpful Rating: 6
________
PurchDate: 9/2017
ExtColor: Nightscape full body paint
________

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 06, 2018, 08:54:12 am »

Welcome tswhitewater - Our 2552 and yours are so identical it makes them either sisters or brothers depending on the gender of the name it's nickname you choose. The biggest difference between our coaches is the Quigley 4x4 option we chose. Our original delivery was April which now we have been told has been delayed two months due to a 300+ overseas unit delivery that got into the Quigley queue before we did, so we will see. Please PM me so we can compare option lists. - Dick and Chris
G and E

Helpful Rating: 1
________
PurchDate: November 4, 2017
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2005
IntColor: teal
ExtColor: white
________

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 13, 2018, 05:19:56 pm »

Hi,
We recently bought a 2005 2551 PC and have taken a few short trips. The PC is really fun to use!

We made reservations for the 2018 April 15-19 PC Rally at Pismo Becah that was on this board when we first logged in. I have not seen any mention of it since. Is this still happening? Where can I go to find more details?

Thanks for the help.
G&E
Volkemon

Helpful Rating: 48
________
PurchDate: October 31, 2017
ModelYear: 2006
IntColor: Light Maple
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 13, 2018, 08:33:52 pm »

Welcome to the forum!

Mrs V and I got a 2006 model 2350 and have been THRILLED with the coach, and even more so with the community here.

We have a festival scheduled near that date, and do not expect to be at this years rally.  LOL Someday...

Check back, answers will be here.

Cheers
jatrax
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 118
________
PurchDate: November 2016
ExtColor: Graystone
________

John and Carrie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1064 on: February 14, 2018, 11:51:22 am »

We made reservations for the 2018 April 15-19 PC Rally at Pismo Becah that was on this board when we first logged in. I have not seen any mention of it since.
Have you received the February newsletter?  The details are in there.  Let me know if you did not get it and send me your email via the private messaging function and I can forward it to you.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 74   Go Up
Print

Jump to: