• Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1215 on: October 11, 2019, 08:03:54 am »
Hi marshe52,

Congratulations on your first motor home purchase.  A 2014 Phoenix 2351 is a sweet rig in my book.  We own THIS 2007 2350, the same floorplan but a foot shorter, though ours does not have a slide-out.

During non-use, I don't like to be plugged into shore power unless it is a quality independent trickle charger like the "Battery Tender" brand.  The concern of being plugged-in all the time to 110v is worse if you have two 12v batteries for the house, far less an issue if you have two 6v house batteries.  It was around 2014 when Phoenix changed from two 12v to two 6v batteries so you will want to check what you have.

Being in high-humid Florida, I would store the rig with the slide-out closed up and place a continuous-drain dehumidifier inside, set to run enough to cycle on/off with good rests in-between.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 08:08:07 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

mikeh

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #1216 on: October 11, 2019, 09:46:21 am »
Welcome to Phoenix and to the forum marshe52!

It's great to have another new RV'r and PC owner aboard!
I entered RV ranks for the first time back in February, so I know a little bit about the uncertainties that lurk with the process.  You know you can work through it just fine, but you also know that there's going to be a "learning curve".  Sounds like you have a solid plan to come up to speed with RV life, however, and you can count on this forum to help with any questions that might emerge in the process.  The PC was a great choice--it's a quality coach that will provide a solid and reliable platform as your RV experience grows.

The forum really likes to hear about experiences of members--so keep us up to speed and let us know how things are progressing with your plan!

All the best,      Mike 

cjk

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 10/19
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Beige
  • ExtColor: Beige/white
« Reply #1217 on: October 30, 2019, 03:57:38 pm »
 (%) just bought a 2017 PC 2350 as I was passing through Lafayette, Indiana; I had been looking at mostly the 2100; then this came up.  I've usually had classic class C RV's but really liked the Phoenix Cruiser.  I am retired, so I enjoy traveling with my dogs, especially to National Parks. I enjoy being outside and seeing the different parts of the United States. I really like traveling back East in the fall for the vibrant colors.  Living in Idaho, it's always nice to come back here though, particularly with the crazy weather all over. 

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #1218 on: October 31, 2019, 05:49:06 am »
Welcome! I'm sure you're going to love your Phoenix!

If you are interested in meeting other Phoenix Owners, check out the owner travel club at phoenixcruisertravelclub.org (our webpage and where you join the club - free again this year); Our Facebook page (search and ask to join); And our RVillage private group. I'm pretty excited about RVillage as you can see the general area of other club members and arrange to meet them on your travels. We've just set that up so we are still recruiting and training.

Welcome again and ENJOY!
Holly
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

mikeh

• View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 31, 2019, 06:49:59 am »
Welcome also, CJK!  Glad to have you in the PC family!!

Sounds like you have background and experience with the Class C RV--and spend a fair amount of time on the road.  That's a great combination to provide your thoughts and comments as we go forward on how the 2350 meets your needs compared to the other units you've owned.  Looking forward to your input!

Welcome again!         Mike

HAZELSNANA

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 30, 2019
  • IntColor: Beige/grey
« Reply #1220 on: October 31, 2019, 12:49:18 pm »
We just pulled the trigger on a 2013 2552 and are very excited to be picking it up tomorrow!  We have owned 4 previous rigs, beginning with a '93 36' Foretravel, then beginning to full time in a '95 40' Foretravel. We graduated to an '02 40' Foretravel in 2011 and lived on the road for 5 years. Health issues intervened for a while and we established a home base in Tucson, AZ ... but the RV lifestyle is just not something we were able to quit. We tried an '05 25' Born Free (that I was MUCH happier driving than a 40' coach), but the configuration just wasn't right for us. Wonderful machine, but just not the right floor plan.  We have settled on this 2552 after hearing some great opinions from friends who traded their Foretravel for a PC, determining that the Phoenix Cruiser has the build quality we were used to. It is also something that I am happy driving. We rely on an active Member Forum for advice and education ... it is the BEST place to get support and knowledge about your rig! 

See you down the road!
Carol & Jeff Savournin
Carol & Jeff Savourni
New owners 2013 M2552
Tucson, AZ

safari

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • Model: 2400 Ford
« Reply #1221 on: November 02, 2019, 08:51:14 am »
Hello To Everyone
At this time I'am in a sob Thor Outlaw toy Hauler Class C That Wife Debbie Thought we needed for the Grandson.
It's way to big, Now looking at Phoenix.
Will Talk more Later.
Mike & Debbie
Bakersfield,Ca
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 08:55:32 am by safari »
Regards
Mike & Debbie

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #1222 on: November 03, 2019, 05:16:24 am »
Welcome Mike & Debbie! Lots to learn on the forum and lots of helpful people to answer questions. I don't know how old your grandson is but we've managed up to 7 1/2 week trips with the granddaughter on board. It's tighter with three people in the 2552 but it works and we've had wonderful adventures with her. She was 7 when we bought the Phoenix and is now 13 and taller than me. She still loves traveling in the RV.
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

mikeh

• View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 03, 2019, 09:04:12 am »
Hello and Welcome  2o2 to Mike and Debbie and Carol and Jeff----great to have you guys on the forum!!

Looks like both of you guys are westerners--Arizona and California--and are previously experienced RV owners!  Looking forward to your thoughts and comments on Phoenix.

All the best,         Mike

safari

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • Model: 2400 Ford
« Reply #1224 on: November 03, 2019, 09:54:07 am »
Hello,& Thank You for the warm welcome,Grandson is 5 & a hand full he is all boy, I do not think he will be going with us as much as we though,
So we want to down size I think, maybe. tymote
Regards
Mike & Debbie