• Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: grey
  • ExtColor: full body night shadow
hwh leveling system question
« on: May 13, 2012, 06:47:28 pm »
Hi:

One more post.  Like I said, had the mh out this weekend for the first time.  Now I read how to use the hwh system and I did level the mh out alright but it seems to me it should be easier.  Can one of you tell me how you work yours just so I know I did it right?  Do you use boards underneath the jack?   We did not have the leveling system on the 2350, we used boards.  They seemed easier...lol...

Thanks.

David
family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)

TomHanlon

Re: hwh leveling system question
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 08:22:27 am »
    I turn on the control panel and look for the yellow lights, which tells me what is low. I hit the up arrow on the opposite side until I feel the jacks come down, then I let go of the arrow. I then push and hold the up arrow by the yellow light until the light goes out. Then I get out and make sure all the jacks are down. I hit the up arrow for any of the jacks not on the ground. The reason I hit the up arrow opposite the lights first is that in the past I have raised the front so high that the rear jacks would hit the ground before they are vertical. This way they are vertical before I raise the front, or what ever I am doing.

lmichael

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: May 15, 2012
  • IntColor: Sterling
  • ExtColor: Sterling
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 12:07:49 am »
The man at the company PC uses to install the jacks recommended to me to lower the jacks on each side, then adjust the front/back until all yellow lights go off.  He also suggested not turning the control off after storing the jacks, but to let the unit turn itself off.  That way you won't have the possibility of a jack or jacks not being fully retracted by turning the unit off.  You don't need to put boards under the jacks unless you're on soft or muddy ground that won't support the jacks.  I've never had to use boards.

mciai2000

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 09/2011
  • IntColor: grey
  • ExtColor: full body night shadow
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 12:16:51 pm »
Thanks for the input guys. You have been a great help.  I reward you with a coveted "helpful". lol.

DJM
family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)

Barry-Sue

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 10/17/11
  • Model: 2551
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Classic Umber
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 07:48:46 pm »
David

I know itís not necessary but I like to use plastic pads under my jacks on the PC.  This keeps the jack pads clean, reduces rust and keeps the jacks from sinking into soft sand or soil.  I found that ĺ inch HDPE (High Density Polyethyelene) works great.  Wipes clean and dry in seconds and is strong as steel.  Very expensive if bought new but most plastic shops will sell scrap pieces for a few dollars per square foot.  I bought a couple of scrap pieces for $20 and cut them to size to make four pads.

Barry
Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide

lmichael

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: May 15, 2012
  • IntColor: Sterling
  • ExtColor: Sterling
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 11:26:16 pm »
Barry, I guess that's good to keep your jacks clean, but I'm just too lazy to bend over to put anything on the ground unless it's not firm enough for the jacks--then I'd probably just move...  Besides, I'm on my third PC now, so haven't kept them long enough to be concerned about dirty pads.  Just brought a new 2552 back to Arizona from Elkhart--man that's a long round trip.

GoPhoenix

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 12/2010
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Full body grey
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 08:15:12 am »
We have pads, about 10í square, black composite material. Have needed them on occasion. Stayed at a campground with asphalt back-ins and they required pads to protect from jacks sinking in the asphalt (poor campsite design, but nice campground). Stayed two months in Crystal River, FL. Very  sandy soil and the small jack pads sank immediately. Couldnít have used the jacks without the extra pads. Have used them a few other times on grass sites after rains made the ground soft. Handy to have.
I remember very few of the things that Iíve spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Iíve spent money to see.